Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

Has anyone figured out how to have Google Home work with a specific HomeSeer. I have successfully linked my Google Home account with MyHS HomeSeer account. It works reasonably well. However, it seems to only link to a particular home in MyHS account. Can I switch it back and forth and/or have it only work with a particular one?

I do this by having one instance of homeseer controlling two locations and then by having distinct names for each device/room in each location.

Comment

Interesting approach. I'm running HomeTroller SEL's in both locations. How would do run one instance of homeseer controlling two locations?

Between both properties I have about 1100 devices. But, since many devices create multiple devices, I probably have about 350 individual devices.

Comment

Conceptually simple. Receivers and controllers principally consist of upb, zwave and older x-10 sensors in both houses. The plug ins allow for multiple instances or locations. So when recognizing the devices I utiilze "floors" on the devices to denote house one or house two so I can easily filter on hstouch. Same with my events, I can have separate events for each house or one event controlling devices in both houses.

For the actual physical connection of the sensors, receivers, controllers, I use a Ethernet to serial controller that basically connects the server in house 1 to all the devices in house 2. So in house two I have a znet (this is connected to server via the Internet) and a upb pim and a rfcom receiver (these two are connected to the Ethernet to serial box) which exactly what I have in house 1.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by acalbear View Post
          Conceptually simple. Receivers and controllers principally consist of upb, zwave and older x-10 sensors in both houses. The plug ins allow for multiple instances or locations. So when recognizing the devices I utiilze "floors" on the devices to denote house one or house two so I can easily filter on hstouch. Same with my events, I can have separate events for each house or one event controlling devices in both houses.

For the actual physical connection of the sensors, receivers, controllers, I use a Ethernet to serial controller that basically connects the server in house 1 to all the devices in house 2. So in house two I have a znet (this is connected to server via the Internet) and a upb pim and a rfcom receiver (these two are connected to the Ethernet to serial box) which exactly what I have in house 1.

Hope that makes sense.
          Thanks for clarifying. I do agree it is conceptually easy to understand. But, have you considered posting more detailed specifics on how you set it up? This is quite intriguing. I read a bit on the UPB plugins. But, obviously this is not enough.

https://homeseer.com/pdfs/guides/UPB_Plugin.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X