Google Home integration - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home integration - Solved!

Does anyone have their Google Home integrated with Homeseer? I have the latest HS3 zwave software and just bought a Google Home and I can't get it connected. I can login to my HS3 controller remotely so I know my username and password is correct but when I out in the same credentials for the Google Home integration I get the following error

"Couldn't update the setting. Check the connection". I was able to integrate my Phillips Hue, Lutron Casetta and Nest...

Any ideas???

I love it when i answer my own questions... LOL.

Anyway, the issue was that I was not on the latest HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition version. After I updated to HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.357 i was able to connect to Google Home with ease!

Wow, i like it much better than Amazon Echo!!!! It just works vs. 2-3 times to repeat myself with Alexa!

Comment

Do you have to use some Google-defined name and tell it to communicate to HS, or are you able to alias things in such a way that you use the Google Home as a speaker but can just call your HS3 name for the commands?

(example using the ever copied name "Jarvis" and totally made up syntax since I don't have the Google system...hope it makes sense)

example: "Google tell Jarvis turn off the kitchen lights"
      vs...
      example: "Jarvis turn off the kitchen lights"

Comment

Working...
      X