No announcement yet.

Plugin not appearing in dropdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try shutting down HS3 and then right click on your HS3 shortcut and choose run as administrator. Then reinstall the plugin. It appears you are not running HS3 with admin privileges.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Try shutting down HS3 and then right click on your HS3 shortcut and choose run as administrator. Then reinstall the plugin. It appears you are not running HS3 with admin privileges.
      Rupp, thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled the plugin. I shut down homeseer. I manually deleted all the ultraecm files from my homeseer directories. I started homeseer using the method you suggested by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. I installed the plugin. I activated it. No difference. Plugin still does not appear in the dropdown menu.

In any event, not sure why this particular plugin from ultra would behave differently in terms of needing to have homeseer started in this fashion?

Comment

So I will add another piece of information...

I installed a fresh instance of homeseer on my main computer in my office (different computer than what my regular HS3 runs on). I installed the plugin and am getting the same issue where it is not appearing in the dropdown.

Is it possible that in a recent update to this plugin that something got broken such that it won't properly install for the first time (e.g. those that already have the plugin can update and it keeps working just fine, but for those installing for the first time, it won't work properly). Does anyone on here have a clean computer to download HS3 onto to see if they get the same result as I?

The other piece of information that I can add (this relates to the ask to delete the information in the data folder), is that there is nothing in the data folder. The data folder only gets populated with information the first time the plugin is run. I installed another one of Ultra's plugins to see if it created anything in the data folder. When I enabled the plugin it did not. It only did when I went into the plugin page and started doing stuff.

Comment

I have a development server for HS3. I installed the plugin and enabled it. The plugin did not show in the dropdown.
          This is different than what I ran into with other plugins. The issue I had was that the plugin would not even show in the installed plugin list. A restart of HS fixed that.

But for this a restart of HS, disabling and enabling the plugin. Nothing would get it to show up in the Plug-Ins dropdown in the HS menu at the top of the page.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hello Adam,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. The issue you reported has been resolved. I use to include a version of sqlite in the bin directory, but decided to use what HomeSeer provides. The exe.conf file was still referencing the old bin/hspi_ultraecm3 directory so the database would never get created which would cause the plug-in to exit before being fully initialized. To fix this, stop the plug-in, re-install the plug-in, then enable it again.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Hello Adam,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. The issue you reported has been resolved. I use to include a version of sqlite in the bin directory, but decided to use what HomeSeer provides. The exe.conf file was still referencing the old bin/hspi_ultraecm3 directory so the database would never get created which would cause the plug-in to exit before being fully initialized. To fix this, stop the plug-in, re-install the plug-in, then enable it again.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              No problem. I'm just glad there was a solution. I've followed your instructions and it is now accessible so this problem is solved. I am having some challenges getting it to work with my dashbox, but will post on that thread for assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X