This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraECM3 HSPI and HomeSeer Device Energy Management

I am about ditching all of the database and graphing stuff in my plug-in in favor of the HomeSeer Energy Management. Anyone have an objections before I start?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

UJ,

I'm right now evaluating purchasing this. Are you saying that you would adjust your plugin, so that instead of doing it's OWN thing, you would basically just be translating the data into a way that allows HS to use it's BUILT in stuff (I think used with Aeon Labs plugs)?

Would we still be able to go back and look at history? The big thing I've used this for in the past (albeit with other plugins under HS2) is monitoring things like my fridge. If you track it over a year, you can see when you have to clean it, when it is starting to die, etc. Same with anything that drive a large motor in the house. Or at least that seems to be the case for me.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to keep what I have in place and proceed with the plug-in conversion from asp.net to HomeSeer's jquery. I just finished the loads web page

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Attached Files
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I might be jumping in here a little late, but I would love if your plugin could input data into the native homeseer energy management system. One of the big reasons for this is that while I use UltraECM to monitor much of my energy usage I also have a few individual devices connected to Aeon Smart Switches, which report power usage just for those devices. Those report data to the native homeseer energy management system and it would be awesome if I could see energy usage for everything (my ultra ECM devices as well as the Aeon labs devices) in one place.

Even if you keep the logging and graphing that you have, if you could still add an option to send data to the homeseer energy management system as well (or perhaps let people choose one or the other) that might be able to keep everyone happy.

Finally, as far as the existing logging and graphing system goes, I don't like the fact that I can only see data from one ECM device at a time. I have two ECM 1240's and two panels... one inside and one outside. The outdoor panel has my heat pump on it and that's connected to one ECM 1240, and the indoor panel has my air handler on it and that's connected to the other 1240. With the existing system I can't see energy usage for the heat pump and the air handler at the same time. I have to select one 1240 or the other. I would love to be able to select devices from either ECM device to appear on a single graph.

Comment

Late Vote!

I'm new to the plugin, and if its up for future consideration, I'd like to see integration into the baked in Homeseer energy database.

Comment

Working...
          X