Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions

Question 1:
    I was wondering if it would be possible to have 2 serial interfaces connected to the same system.
    The reason I ask this would be to send commands to devices behind a UPS that currently cant get the signal from the main house panel.
    Question 2:
    I noticed that I no longer have a link on the top of the browser directly to the UPB plugin. This button used to be beside my thermostat plugin button and now it has disappeared. I tried uninstalling and re installing the plugin but it refuses to appear. I can still get to the same page bu going to (setup, interfaces, upb plugin, config).
    Is the any way to get it back?

Thank you for your help...

You can connect as many serial interface as you like to your system using either built in serial ports or add on usb to serial adapters. These are very hit and miss so do some home work on which ones work with the devices you want to connect.
    This link was the "old" way of adding links and has been removed depending on what version of HS you are running.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you for the reply

If i add multiple serial how do I assign the plugin to more than one port?

Comment

I think Rupp misunderstood your question. I don't believe you can assign the UPB plug-in to more than one port.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          I think Rupp misunderstood your question. I don't believe you can assign the UPB plug-in to more than one port.
          Yep, I didn't realize he was wanting to connect 2 UPB intefaces.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK so would you have any suggestions on how to control the two separe UPB networks from one controller? I wonder if there was some bridge like a coupler that would not affect the operation of the UPS?

Comment

can you not just put the UPB PIM in front of the UPS? Even if you have a power failure and the UPS takes over for a limited amount of time you really won't have any lighting that the UPB will be running anyway.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

thanks for the reply, the ups is fairly large and has several pieces of gear i wish to control via UPB, not necessarily when theres an outage but in general.

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is to get a hold of Ken at Simply Automated. He's been most helpful with odd UPB questions I've had over time. He may have a suggestion or two on the best way to proceed for you.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoSolanes View Post
                    OK so would you have any suggestions on how to control the two separe UPB networks from one controller?
                    If you are still considering this option, you should take a look at Eltima Software's Serial Splitter. It allows you to combine multiple physical ports to a single virtual port. It might be possible to have two UPB PIMs each running on its own physical port, but the plug-in thinks its only communicating with one.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your suggestions, i will give them a try see if i can get one to work.

Comment

Working...
                      X