Works great, but not random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works great, but not random

Just downloaded the plugin and got it working but it does not announce at random, it goes through the phrases from top to botton in the order they are entered.

I know I have missed something simple, but what?

I am running it from a script
    Code:
    hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Level One")
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Just downloaded the plugin and got it working but it does not announce at random, it goes through the phrases from top to botton in the order they are entered.

I know I have missed something simple, but what?

I am running it from a script
    Code:
    hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Level One")
    Yes,I see this too. I wonder if this is how it should work?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by not random. It seems to work fine here. The more phrases you have set up the more random it becomes, or seems that way to me. I have some groups that only have 2 or 3 different phrases in them, those don't seem random, although they don't go in order either. I have other groups that have more than 30 or 40 different phrases and those seem to work better and i have no idea whats coming up.

I chalked it up to the plug-in having more choices. If you only have say 3 phrases in a group then there isn't much that random can do. chances are you could get the same phrase twice or more in a row and it still could be random, as opposed to rotating.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yes, Most of the groups I have only have 3 frases and they speak in a order form,not ramdomly as Gog says. You say the more you have the more ramdomly it becomes?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

That's been my experience, however don't hold me to it as I can't say I've ever really tracked how it spoke. Only when I noticed the same phrase fairly often did i go in and check. For those instances it always ended up being because a group just didn't have enough phrases in there to give much of a choice.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X