• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    String label can be 1-9 or A-Z

Here is an example:

This will set the string value for A to "80 F"

Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", New Object(){1, "1", "80 F"})
    You can then use that string value in one of your text labels like this:

Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetMessage", New Object(){1, "A", "Temp is {callstring=1}"})
    Try that and let me know
    Thanks Bob, I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

BLLED is in development

It works great. A few application notes to help others...

-Use SetMessage only once or on the occasion that you want to change the format of a screen you want to show (i.e font, animation or whatever). As an alternative, you can set up the sign labels manually in the plugin settings for each sign.
      -Call SetString as often as you want with the message content you want. The sign will only update the necessary dots.
      -Do not try to put any of the formatting labels in the SetString call, only your text.

By following these guidelines, you can make the sign look smooth when using it for something like a time and temperature display. Instead of flashing the entire display every minute (which will happen if you call SetMessage every minute), only the necessary text changes.

I hope this helps others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
        In case people were confused...

Enabling multi-instance support will allow you to create instances from the Interfaces page, so it is not necessary to manually run additional instances from the command line. Instances that you create at the interfaces page will be started automatically when HomeSeer starts.

If there is no desire to allow the serial port for the display to be on another computer, then multi-instance is not required as the ability to add more signs/displays could be done in the plug-in. The multi-instance support should however allow you to connect your display to a computer OTHER than your HomeSeer system, but still have HomeSeer and the plug-in communicate.
        This confuses me a little on the setup I have been trying to get my remote instances running reliably I have been starting them on the remote machine from the command line should I be adding a second instance in the interface page maybe this is why when I start the remote plugin it stops at "waiting for plugin to initialize" anyone have more input on this

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
          It works great. A few application notes to help others...

-Use SetMessage only once or on the occasion that you want to change the format of a screen you want to show (i.e font, animation or whatever). As an alternative, you can set up the sign labels manually in the plugin settings for each sign.
          -Call SetString as often as you want with the message content you want. The sign will only update the necessary dots.
          -Do not try to put any of the formatting labels in the SetString call, only your text.

By following these guidelines, you can make the sign look smooth when using it for something like a time and temperature display. Instead of flashing the entire display every minute (which will happen if you call SetMessage every minute), only the necessary text changes.

I hope this helps others.
          Great, thanks for the tips. Do you know if it's possible to display the "built-in" time from the BetatBrite rather than sending time to display from the computer on a regular basis?

Thanks
          Al

Comment

I don't know. I wanted a single line of text, the time followed by the outside temperature, without worrying at all about ever setting the sign time. I was thinking that in this way HS can just fully manage them. I guess if we figure out the way to use the internal time, then the benefit would be that it keeps updating even if HS is not running.

Comment

{calltime} Will display time from the sign's internal clock.

Brady

Comment

there are other keywords I have not documented yet - likely because I have not had time to test them

I will document them for the next release
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Try that and let me know
                  Hi Bob, works great, thanks!

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                    {calltime} Will display time from the sign's internal clock.
                    Thanks Brady, that did the trick.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

there are other keywords I have not documented yet - likely because I have not had time to test them
                      Hi Bob,

I tried {calldate} to show the date and it works, but it looks like the year is not set correctly with the SetDateTime Method. The time, the day and the month are correct, but the year shows as 1998. Do you see the same?

Thanks
                      Al

Comment

Yes I see the same thing here.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Blade,

How come you cannot use a string variable for Parm 3 of this function?

Dim Var1 as string = "test"

hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", New Object(){1, "1", Var1})

BLLED error Error in PluginProc: Parameter count mismatch

Thank you

Greg

Comment

That should work. Let me check
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I have posted 1.0.22 to the HS3 updater

- I have changed the LED maintenance page
                              - I have added the ability to use special variables in the string values (see the tab in the LED maintenance page for strings)

See this thread for more info on using the special tags in the strings:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=168244

There are examples in the help web page as well
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Blade,

When I try to blank out Text label "A" and save it. This field still show the old value. if I change the value of Text label "A" to something else it works.

also do this function:
                                hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", New Object(){1, "1", "test"})
                                save the value of "test" in string label 1?

Thank you

Greg Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X