No announcement yet.

Caddx plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rien, Good timing. I downloaded your recently posted CADDX plug-in and will be trying it out this weekend as I'm just starting out in HS3. I've had my CADDX plugged into a StarGate using the HA interface board, but as I recall it connects using an RJ connector to the StarGate.

Can you or anyone on this forum direct me to info on the needed cable? Is it just a plain straight-thru serial cable? Any recommendations specific brands of USB-Serial adapters that you've successfully used to connect the HS host system to the CADDX?

Comment

Hi,

Great feedback...

1) Can be easily implemented. (will be in next release)

2) Can be done, but you can do this easily yourself.

3) I'll see what I can do, if it was possible in HS2 I assume it can be done.

4) Time sync is done when the plugin is started (Normally during HS (re)start)

I invested a lot of time in this plugin, so I don't know when a new version will be available. I will first focus on other things.....

Originally posted by misraels View Post
      Thanks for your help Rien, the plugin is working great and does enough for me to completely shut down HS2.

A couple feature requests:

1) group the devices, I actually like the grouping of devices when looking at the device management page, I would guess some others might as well.

2) let's add a Device Image , I actually have one I created some time back that looks like a NX-8e panel I'd be happy to email you if you are interested.

3) I'd love to have an event action to set the display on the keypad, I used this a lot on the old jvcaddx, kind of a nice place to put a short reminder about garbage days, or a weather summary.

4) Not sure if you are doing this, but the old plug in also updated the keypad clock with the server time, if you are not doing that, it might be a nice option in the future, not really sure if the clock drifts much since it has always been updated.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        Mine will connect to the panel, but it won't take the pin.

Also the settings are saving.

Raptor
        Hi,
        I just installed the plug-in and am getting the same message. I am successfully connecting, but PIN verification fails. I have CADDx NX-8e. I have tried the codes I used which I ran the old DOS CADDX app...
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
          Hi,

Great feedback...

1) Can be easily implemented. (will be in next release)

2) Can be done, but you can do this easily yourself.

3) I'll see what I can do, if it was possible in HS2 I assume it can be done.

4) Time sync is done when the plugin is started (Normally during HS (re)start)

I invested a lot of time in this plugin, so I don't know when a new version will be available. I will first focus on other things.....

Thanks Rien, I've taken care of 1 and 2 myself for my own install, was mostly thinking this might be nice for others. 3 would be awesome and 4 sounds adequate to me.

fyi, this is how my device page looks now:
          Attached Files
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by bje View Post
            Hi,
            I just installed the plug-in and am getting the same message. I am successfully connecting, but PIN verification fails. I have CADDx NX-8e. I have tried the codes I used which I ran the old DOS CADDX app...
            Thanks!
            How is Your panel connected to your HS System? Does The config screen show The alarm type in green? IT sounds like You are not Properly connected
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Excellent work. I also have the same issue as with pin not showing green but everything is working great.

Thanks Rien Du Pre

Comment

Originally posted by jdr2bpa View Post
                Excellent work. I also have the same issue as with pin not showing green but everything is working great.

Thanks Rien Du Pre
                I think I figured out what we are doing wrong. You can't verify the pincode (master arm/disarm, not program) until you save the settings. If you enter the pincode, save, then after the page returns hit the verify button, it should work.

Comment

My zone names are all "unknown", because I don't have LCD keypads, and the only zone information programmed into the alarm board is the number and type. In the jvcaddx plugin, it didn't matter because I could name the zones in HS and use those custom names in events.

Now when I try to use zones in events, they all show up as unknown, with no way to know which zone is which. I renamed the devices thinking that might help, and the names show in the main gui with proper statuses.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thanks,
                  Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanm70 View Post
                    I think I figured out what we are doing wrong. You can't verify the pincode (master arm/disarm, not program) until you save the settings. If you enter the pincode, save, then after the page returns hit the verify button, it should work.
                    It is clearly explained in the documentation, but I will issue a save operation before testing the PIN as well :-)
                    You're not the first with this issue
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

My zone names are all "unknown", because I don't have LCD keypads, and the only zone information programmed into the alarm board is the number and type. In the jvcaddx plugin, it didn't matter because I could name the zones in HS and use those custom names in events.

Now when I try to use zones in events, they all show up as unknown, with no way to know which zone is which. I renamed the devices thinking that might help, and the names show in the main gui with proper statuses.

Thanks,
                      Jonathan
                      Hi Jonathan,

Never thought of that
                      I save the zone names in the .ini files and use this info for the triggers.
                      I will add a solution in the next release for this.

As a work around, you can edit the .INI file and put in the names you want.
                      In the ZONES section, you'll see all the zones like this

Zone1-Name=Living Room
                      Zone1-Type=19-Instant with Tamper

You can simply edit this.
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

It is clearly explained in the documentation, but I will issue a save operation before testing the PIN as well :-)
                        You're not the first with this issue
                        Documentation? Where is this documentation that you speak of?

I'll admit I didn't even think to look, and am posting this before poking around to see where it may be at, but honestly, I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Thanks for all your work!

Comment

Thanks, this is working great for me now!!

is there anyway to report which user code was used to disarm?

thanks
                          Raptor
                          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I wil put this on the feature lst of version 3.1
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I wil put this on the feature lst of version 3.1
                              you rock!
                              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Thanks,
                                Jonathan
                                Same problem here. Fixed it by editing the ini file and inserting the text as was suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X