This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Add ToggleLinc V2 Relay Switch - Error Reading Link Table

I have been having a heck of a time trying to add back a SwitchLinc ToggleLinc V2 Relay after deleting it from my insteon setup after I suspected it was causing some issues in other areas, which I since realized it was not responsible for and have since fixed my original issue.

Now every time I try and add the switch back I run into a communication issue when trying to read the Link Tables from the switch.

I am using version 3.0.6.35 of the Insteon Plugin.

The switch is a: ToggleLinc V2 Relay 2466SW v6.6 (5816)

HS is running on a windows machine with:

Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.431

I have tried many things, too many to list but they did include resetting the switch to factory defaults and trying to re-setup in HS, without success.

Attached is a detailed log from the Add Device job along with an image of the error that I get on the screen. After getting is error I press Continue and then press "Read Device Links and Settings" for the device but each time the job fails after reaching the set number of communication attempts.

There does appear to be some error from the Log:

Error in GetMasterDeviceInformation: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at Insteon.Support.Devices.DeviceRecordClass.IntializeLightingO ptions() at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.GetMasterDeviceInformatio n(String DevType, String FirmwareVer, String SpecialValues)

Can anyone explain what this error means or suggest some troubleshooting steps here, I am really at a loss.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1212446

Log155402.txt

try manually linking the switch to the plm before registering it with the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      try manually linking the switch to the plm before registering it with the plugin.
      Just to review that process quickly.
      1. I should first delete the existing device that was partially created when I tried to add last.
      2. Then I go to the PLM and press and hold the set button until it beeps. LED should be flashing, I think.
      3. Then within 4 minutes I press the set button on the switch so it beeps. This completes the manual link?
      4. Then I go back to the software Add Device job manually with the Insteon Address.

Is that correct Mark?

Also is there a way to read the manually added link in the plug-in configuration to make sure that I did this correctly before I go and register the switch with the plug-in through your software?
      Last edited by Sinandgrin; May 28, 2018, 04:14 PM. Reason: Added question

Comment

i would do a factory reset after #1 above

the plugin will read the manually created link along with any it creates

if you get the same "Error in GetMasterDeviceInformation" please post the insteon error report.log file generated.

the reason you got the above error is because the device didn't respond to the plugin as expected. I can trap the error but it wont fix the registration process.
        Last edited by mnsandler; May 29, 2018, 07:39 AM. Reason: added: the reason...
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

are you holding the plm set btn for 10 secs to get into linking mode?

maybe you got the plm into linking mode just without a flashing led.

that would explain the device response after entering linking mode.

no one has reported this type of global issue with entering linking mode across all devices.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Comment

Glad you figured out the issue. i would do a factory reset on the stat before replacing.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  Glad you figured out the issue. i would do a factory reset on the stat before replacing.
                  Thanks, yes I'll certainly do that.

Comment

Working...
                  X