Kinect on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect on Linux

Is there any way to hook Kinect to Linux box?

I see that the Kinect plugin works on Linux, but I don;t see any way to start Kinect SDK on Linux to make it work.

Way back I tested the Kinect Plugin when first introduced on a Windows 10 mini PC called the PipoX7. I connected to my Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit Homeseer 3 Pro box via the Homeseer remote plugin option:

plugin.exe server=ipofhomeseerserver.

Another way to do this is to run a Windows Oracle Virtual Box on the Homeseer Server running in Linux using the same command as above.

Worked fine for me.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Oh, thanks Pete. That makes sense...

Comment

Kinect plugin only works on Windows. It is nonetheless available in the Linux updater because if you have HS3 running on Linux and you want to run the Kinect plugin remotely on a Windows machine (as Pete described it), you need to first install it on your HS3 linux box to avoid license issues.

Comment

Working...
        X