No announcement yet.

Valve Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Guys - I need to say I typically run my system in the "Request Status every Minute" mode - back when all was working well I've been trying everything I can think of to make a difference with the valve status indicators.

Comment

Running every minute deals with event-based situations or when valve power is not dependable to assure status is corrrrect. Normal is after command but it is also reasonable to trust the acknowledge. Prior Plugin versions missed the acknowledge scenario fo using ack as positive indication that Rain8 responded to a new command.

Comment

Sorry to say my mcsSprinklers installation is still running amok. I am frustrated and its not just with the false valve failure indications. Watering has become so erratic, I switched from E.T. to simple three day watering cycles, which does water (in spite of the red valve status), but when I change back to ET mode, its still watering on the thee day cycle. In other setup pages, I see improper / garbage data in certain fields - as in database corruption? Although I just went the elongated process of reinstalling the PI and reconfiguring from scratch in July, I tend to uninstall the PI again in a few days and somehow search for and remove all traces before reinstalling and trying again.

MCS - Do you have any advice on how to do this properly so what I end up with is a clean, fully functional mcsSprinklers installation? I do know to start the interview with STANDARD version selected vs. Pro.

Comment

You are expressing frustration in generalities. What is needed to help diagnose is the Config\mcsSprinklers.ini to provide the context of what you are trying to do and \html\mcsSprinklers\Data\mcsSprinklers_GeneralDebugXXXXX.txt to provide the evidence of what the software did. Starting over is generally not the best way to approach it as the cause of difficulty has not been identified.

Comment

Working...
          X