No announcement yet.

Nanovision Mimo UM-740

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing some more - created a set of 800X480 screens from my base setup. I like the touchscreen response. Very quick.

Tonight tested the suspend mode. I was able to wake up the LCD just fine. It took only a few seconds for the TS display to come up.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

somethings wrong with my setup

I've think I changed the usb port on the back of my machine and it screwed up the vmware server configuration for USB passthrough. I've got some work to do to figure it out. The Display is working in 16 colors and is offset to the left about 100 pixels or something like that. It's a weird issue, but it seems that it might be a little more touchy than I originally thought.

I've got two other mimo monitors to play with, maybe I'll give those a shot on another PC. I'd really like to get a fool proof setup for these, where I can install VMWare server on a windows 7 box and then hook up as many USB mimo's as I like.

Right now I've only done one per machine, and the distance is limited to about 16-20 feet is the farthest I've had a reliable USB connection. I tried a 50 foot (over cat5) and it works about 90% of the time (95% with a USB hub)

The monitors without vmware have yet to ever cause me an issue.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Testing some more - created a set of 800X480 screens from my base setup. I like the touchscreen response. Very quick.

Tonight tested the suspend mode. I was able to wake up the LCD just fine. It took only a few seconds for the TS display to come up.
        Pete,

Can you compare the "touch-feel" of the one you bought to a "glass" style touchscreen? Is it more "plastic" feel?

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yes, I have.

The response is much better as compared to my 7", 9", one 12" and the same as another 12" (7 & 9 are plastic and 12" are glass). The only thing though is it truely is plastic because I put a film on all of my touchscreens.

I will not be extending these more than 5-6 feet. The test VM worked well on my desktop PC but then I started to play with it then messed it up a bit. I moved the setup to the "official" mini 8"X8" TS and it worked just fine.

I noticed when I wake up the Mimo display it first appears on the main display then after a couple of seconds it moves over the the Mimo display.

I rebuilt my base TS stuff (color blind so there is no artistic talent) of about 25 base screens to the 800X480 size display.

Think I might be able to "build" a wall mount by using a single gang box and mounting some sort of pivital gizmo on it. Note I purchased the 7" IMO Mimo (say that a few times fast) during their 4th of July special. (think around $125?)
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X