Android Tablet $150 @ Kmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Tablet $150 @ Kmart

Came across this while looking at Android news. Seems Kmart, of all places, has a pretty decent Android tablet for $150 bucks.

Check out this link:
    http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/2...let-kmart-150/

and this is the tablets home page:
    http://www.augenus.com/indexhome.html/GENTOUCH.html

Just wish the resolution was better! (800x480)
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

And that's Andriod 2.1 - not bad at all... HST needs to seriously consider buying some like this and 'branding' them with their logo and pre-installed HS-Touch...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I picked up a couple of these that I had on rain check. It is a very decent device for $149. The touch screen is resistive and not the greatest, but it is very usable. The display is pretty sharp and the resolution is good. I am looking forward to trying out the hstouch for android when the first test version is released. I think this unit will work great for that application.

Now I need to figure out what to do for a table stand for these. I think I'll look to see what they have come out with for the ipad, but my guess is I won't like them and they'll be way overpriced. I think that I'll just create a wood base for them with an angled dado for it to slip into.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

For tabletop applications I went to a craft store and got a stand that displays dinner plates.

~Bill

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you using that with an iPad or one of these kmart specials? I think that I've seen some iPad folks use those or one of those stands for documents. Because this is resistive I have to press a little harder and want to make sure it won't tip or slide back on the table.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

No - three were for Fuji 500. Old school tablet PCs if you don't know.

~Bill

Comment

I didn't pay much attention when I noticed these, but...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42070 $107.70 shipping in.

DealExtreme is out of Hong Kong, but, from experience, are quite reliable and ship quickly.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Has anyone installed Android 2.1 on one of the lower priced imports yet?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

For any of you that have this device, checkout these links. Following some of the tweaks on these sites really makes the device operate better...

XDA Development Thread

Augen Development Wiki
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Looks like Kmart already dropped this device too. Seems they were using the Market apps without Google's permission.

Too bad, it looked to be a nice solution to run HSTouch on. Maybe they will show up on eBay, lol.
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

These devices came in a very strange, "not ready for shipment", king of state. The google market wouldn't work consistently. I haven't confirmed this yet, but they are reported to have all come with the same mac address. The orientation sensor doesn't do anything to change the screen orientation. The company is going to release an update to fix these thing. I'm guessing that is why K-mart is doesn't have them on the site anymore -- At least for now.

Keep in mind that if your even a little bit of a hacker you can get around the things I listed. Just follow the links I posted. I am happy with the device for the very cheap intro price. I am looking forward to using these with hstouch for android when that is released.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

They're shipping again - not on sale anymore. Mine will be here next week, I will post some info once I get it. I don't use HS Touch yet - but this might put me in a position to get it!

Comment

Working...
                        X