UK: Maplin 5" touchscreen - CE - £99!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone confirm the device that is currently shipping

I'm interested in getting one of these units but I saw some earlier posts stating that you had received the larger resolution units that were not compatible with HStouch. The current listing on the site that shows the units the maximum resolution is 480x272

Q- What is the screen resolution? - Steve
    Answer- Max Resolution: 480 x 272

Does anyone know if this is what is shipping?

Thanks

Jose

Comment

I don't believe Maplin even know they have 2 versions. They are just box shifters these days. Most people now seem to be getting the 800 X 480 versions.

The only guaranteed method is to find a Maplin shop and look at the box. If it is a newer one, there is a sticky label over the screen resolution on the box.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I later saw that they don't ship to the US either so I guess there is no point.

Jose

Comment

So - anyone seriously using these devices with HS Touch on an everyday basis care to comment how they have been?

Any highs/lows to report?

David
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Mines still sitting here next to me it works but as of this moment I am not using it.. if I get some spare time who knows.

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
              Mines still sitting here next to me it works but as of this moment I am not using it.. if I get some spare time who knows.

TrOjAn

Thanks fo rthe quick reply!

So, after the flurry of excitement, why not used?

What are the downsides etc?

I never did buy as the local stroe only had the higher res model... now I can get the lower ones I am considering a few. I have 3m touchscreens and using Wyse thin clients for now... just fancied the small size and self contained package.

David
              ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
              X