Need a touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrtiger View Post
    Will this screen be ok for this job or are im missing somthing.
    I think it will run HStouch withouth problems.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtiger View Post
      That mino 7" usb display looks realy nice. I need about 10m-15m with cable, is that a problem?
      Where can i buy this monitor?
      I see that has a mic, can i use that to control my homeseer with voice?
      The mic requires an audio cable run back to the PC, or a USB soundcard near the monitor. It doesn't function as a USB device automatically, just has an output for it.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

16GB Wifi ipad. mine works great with HSTouch

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
          16GB Wifi ipad. mine works great with HSTouch
          It does work great. But isn't it a little pricey?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Going to "try" a double gang box "thing" with a very small speaker bracket (to mount Mimo monitor on a very short pivot mount) on one side and a single USB jack on the other side. In addition gave up for the time being on a Cat5 extender and bought a 33ft active USB extender. I've been using the shorter 16 foot ones for a few years now. There are even longer active USB extenders out there. I looked at the space I have to run more cables and I have enough space to run an active extender from the second floor to the "computer rack" in the basement. I will be most likely running about 100 feet or so at the end of my endeavor.

Will post results and pictures.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              It does work great. But isn't it a little pricey?
              Yes but worth it IMHO. I think prices on wifi only will drop early next year

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              USB UIRT
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

For a wall mounted touch screen I believe an IPAD like interface can be created now for a fraction of the cost of an IPAD. (HTC / MS Mobile did it a few years before the IPhone came out). (think around the time of MS Mobile 5.0). IE: flipping small screens with simple graphic buttons. I was impressed but still liked to be able to fit as much on a small mobile screen that I could see.

Apple didn't invent the large Icon simple interface; they just tweaked and customized what has existed for a few years now and made it theirs (no matter what their patent ideas may be). (thin, light and small).

If you want a portable tablet, simple GUI interface wireless connection at a low cost then the Android tablet will be the way to go.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Aren't the android tablets that are coming out $600 (Galaxy)

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                  USB UIRT
                  HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                  2GIG Thermostat
                  BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                  BLUPS
                  UltraLog (SQL2008)
                  Jon00 Plugins
                  Global Cache IP2IR
                  Foscam FI8918W

Comment

The Galaxy is aroudn $600 (and it's still cheaper than a iPad 32 GB Wifi Only).

But with Android you can actually choose! There are actually options.

If I bought a Galaxy tab (or iPad for that matter) it wouldn't be to wall-mount it, it would be to actually use it. My Huawei S7 is working great with HStouch.

Comment

The Galaxy is aroudn $600 (and it's still cheaper than a iPad 32 GB Wifi Only).

If I bought a Galaxy tab (or iPad for that matter) it wouldn't be to wall-mount it, it would be to actually use it. My Huawei S7 is working great with HStouch.
                      But 7" is too small. Why didn't they make this a bit larger? Do companies do surveys anymore?
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Galaxy is around $600 (and it's still cheaper than a iPad 32 GB Wifi Only).

16GB wifi (more than adequate) is $499. With choice comes incompatibility. I'm not an Apple die-hard, but their portable devices are very, very, good.

Did see this though: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...let_16GB_.html

Does HSTouch run on Android?

Regards

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                        USB UIRT
                        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                        2GIG Thermostat
                        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                        BLUPS
                        UltraLog (SQL2008)
                        Jon00 Plugins
                        Global Cache IP2IR
                        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Does HSTouch run on Android?
                          mark
                          Is this a serious question? If so then HomeSeer isn't getting the message out. Not to mention 4 out of 10 posts are about the new Android HSTouch client.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1047

Comment

This looks very interesting ...

Comment

BUT, how well does it perform?

I've got an old Pentium I can sell you cheap...doesn't mean it's going to run well!

Most of the time, I've seen these Android based tablets just NOT perform very well. So, if it does not do well stock, how can it then run something added on (HSTouch) and "feel" as good as an IPAD?

I agree that they limit your ability (can't run much in the background), but the iPhone, iPad, iPod really do FEEL fast. It's about resource allocation.

I have mobile 6.1, run spbmobile shell. I can tell when I've got too many things open in Opera, as mobile shell "pops" across the screen when I drag my finger...but when Opera isn't hogging all the resources, it runs 90% as well as an iPhone's touch interface.

--Dan
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                                BUT, how well does it perform?

I've got an old Pentium I can sell you cheap...doesn't mean it's going to run well!

all the resources, it runs 90% as well as an iPhone's touch interface.

--Dan
                                We need these companies to send us units so we can test running HSTouch. If they perform well, I'm sure it couldn't hurt sales. Hopefully someone will get one of these when they are released and let us know how the performance turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X