RGB bulbs with echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB bulbs with echo

Has anyone been able to get RGB bulbs to change colors w/ Alexa and HS? Mine always replies that the device doesn't support that. I remember when I had SmartThings, the devices would show as being RGB and tunable white in the Alexa app, but with the HS skill it does not show this information in the smart home tab.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance

What kind of bulb is it and what does the interface for it look like in HomeSeer?
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by ilkgmmn00 View Post
      Has anyone been able to get RGB bulbs to change colors w/ Alexa and HS? Mine always replies that the device doesn't support that. I remember when I had SmartThings, the devices would show as being RGB and tunable white in the Alexa app, but with the HS skill it does not show this information in the smart home tab.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance
      I'm using Aotec z-wave bulbs, Hue bulbs with Jowihue and Yeelight bulbs with it's plugins. All work with Alexa for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
        What kind of bulb is it and what does the interface for it look like in HomeSeer?
        They are the zipato rgbw bulbs. I have attached images of an example of one of my bulbs - comparing the ST version in alexa with the HS one. My preference is to finally get everything moved to HS, and for the most part I've done so. It's just these RGBW bulbs not responding to color commands that's keeping me from finishing the move.

System profile is:
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
        Number of Devices: 324
        Number of Events: 159
        Available Threads: 394

Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
        3.0.0.14: NetCAM
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
        Attached Files

Comment

This should be a device the echo discovers.

Make sure you have the latest version of HS3.

You probably also need to remove the device and add it back into to your system.
          Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
            This should be a device the echo discovers.

Make sure you have the latest version of HS3.

You probably also need to remove the device and add it back into to your system.
            I ended up updating the z-wave plugin to the latest beta version, and I also removed and re-added the homeseer skill with my alexa app. After doing the re-discovery, it seems like things are working as expected with the colors - except for the white temperatures. I can live without that, but it would be great if that part worked. I will keep looking for a solution to that and update if I get something working.

Comment

The individual color devices aren't recognized by our Alexa code(as yet)..., just the one with the color picker, which is why the white isn't quite white.

With the current Alexa API you can also link up events, so you could do an event that specifically sets the white of the bulb.
              Wade

Comment

Any updates for color changes through Alexa?

I have some color bulbs (Sylvania+) that I run through deConz with JowiHue and with Alexa they show No color capabilities and I can't change colors with the normal skill or the other HS3 skill the Homeseer skill.

Really would like to get these bulbs fully working with Alexa and deConz as they are currently (when I'm not testing) direct paired with an echo plus and they work fine that way or through SmartThings they work fine with Alexa as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  Any updates for color changes through Alexa?

I have some color bulbs (Sylvania+) that I run through deConz with JowiHue and with Alexa they show No color capabilities and I can't change colors with the normal skill or the other HS3 skill the Homeseer skill.

Really would like to get these bulbs fully working with Alexa and deConz as they are currently (when I'm not testing) direct paired with an echo plus and they work fine that way or through SmartThings they work fine with Alexa as well.
                  It is one of those things that is down to the plugin author to implement, I found that as long as the root device has voice command enabled and the children have a value pair with on/off/dim and a second value pair with the controluse set to colorcontrol then I can get control of them through Alexa. The children don't need voice command enabled, then Alexa sends a match for the colour through to the plugin setting the .controlstring property to a hex value for the colour, that in turn can be sent to your plugin device.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    It is one of those things that is down to the plugin author to implement, I found that as long as the root device has voice command enabled and the children have a value pair with on/off/dim and a second value pair with the controluse set to colorcontrol then I can get control of them through Alexa. The children don't need voice command enabled, then Alexa sends a match for the colour through to the plugin setting the .controlstring property to a hex value for the colour, that in turn can be sent to your plugin device.
                    The JowiHue Plugin has full functions and the ControlUse feature setup and should work with the HS3 Alexa interface. But it doesn't.

So chicken-egg... Where is the problem? the HS3 Alexa Interface or the Plugin? The plugin works and shows color control perfect from HS3 but Alexa shows no color capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                      The JowiHue Plugin has full functions and the ControlUse feature setup and should work with the HS3 Alexa interface. But it doesn't.

So chicken-egg... Where is the problem? the HS3 Alexa Interface or the Plugin? The plugin works and shows color control perfect from HS3 but Alexa shows no color capabilities.
                      All I can say is that I've managed to do it in my own plugins so I'm not sure it's an issue with Alexa, documentation is sparse however so it was a bit of trial and error. I found as long as the root and children were correct then it worked, I did deletey devices in Alexa and rescan though..

Comment

Is the status graphic pairs control use for the color device set to color?

You check that by going into the settings, going to the status graphics tab, and looking at the control use for the color control.
                        Wade

Comment

Working...
                        X