Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to filter events for invalid devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to filter events for invalid devices?

Hi folks, on the Events page, is there way to filter events so I can find any that currently have either invalid or unassigned devices in their logic?

I use a weather plugin that for some reason some of the Device IDs get replaced with new ones, invalidating the current one, especially if I'm referring to devices via the replacement variables.

Additionally, if one of my devices, like a lamp module has become unplugged, is there a way to browse for them on the device screen or events screen?
    I.e. the cleaners unplugged a sensor so they could plug in their vacuum - is there a way that I can have HS be on the lookout for and report things like that?

Cheers!

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
    Hi folks, on the Events page, is there way to filter events so I can find any that currently have either invalid or unassigned devices in their logic?

I use a weather plugin that for some reason some of the Device IDs get replaced with new ones, invalidating the current one, especially if I'm referring to devices via the replacement variables.

Additionally, if one of my devices, like a lamp module has become unplugged, is there a way to browse for them on the device screen or events screen?
    I.e. the cleaners unplugged a sensor so they could plug in their vacuum - is there a way that I can have HS be on the lookout for and report things like that?

Cheers!
    For finding broken events Jon00's Event Viewer and Documenter is the best. It also offers a lot of other filters and the ability to produce documentation on your current events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1197302

I run an event once a week that reports broken events and produces a document of all current events

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1197299

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1197301

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1197300

As far as finding unavailable devices, there is not a readily available method. They will only generate an error when a command sent to them fails. You could use a log monitor (there are three scripts/plug-ins) to trap a specific error.
    Last edited by randy; June 29, 2018, 01:35 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the quick yet detailed reply.
      However, I'm unsure if this is usable by the Hometroller Zee.
      It says it's for HomeSeer v3 - and I see the download is a ZIP file but there aren't any instructions as to what to do with it, if it is indeed usable with the Zee.
      Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
        Thanks for the quick yet detailed reply.
        However, I'm unsure if this is usable by the Hometroller Zee.
        It says it's for HomeSeer v3 - and I see the download is a ZIP file but there aren't any instructions as to what to do with it, if it is indeed usable with the Zee.
        Any thoughts?
        The installation instructions are in the document in the zip file. Jon says he has it running in a Zee, but it depends on the version of mono installed. Look toward the end of the thread I linked above. You might post a question to him as to with which version it will work.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Good enough for me - I'm running the latest version so that should do the trick.
          Thanks for the direction re: instructions etc.
          I will pursue this over the weekend, when it's too ungodly hot here to be outside (with humidity, will feel like 41C!)
          Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Comment

Working...
          X