Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Variable Ramp Rate Control via Remote (Homeseer) control?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable Ramp Rate Control via Remote (Homeseer) control?

Is there a way, if not now, that I will be able to send the ramp rate with a command?

I'd really like to have some lights that ramp off over the course of a few seconds verses going directly off on some of my events.

Why? Hell, I don't know really. I just think it would be a lot nicer look if my sofet lights dimmed off 4 hours after sunset verses just shutting off.

Once I get some lighting events throughout the house, I'd like to see this effect as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible now of if it might be possible in the future. If I remember correctly, you could do this with the older Switchlinc switches and through a few controllers.

You could do it with group commands. Group commands allow a ramp rate setting. HOWEVER, be advised that at this time running a group command with a specific ramp rate will cause that switch to continue to respond to subsequent computer commands with that ramp rate until the switch is operated locally (that seems to set it back).

I got around that bug by creating an identical group command that includes the corrected ramp rates. I send the first group command with the special ramp rates, I pause enough time for that command to complete, and then follow it up with the "ramp rate correcting" group command. An ugly work-around, but it seems to get the job done till something is corrected.

Jon - do you know if SH is addressing this issue with the new PLC and SDM? Or is it a firmware issue in the switch itself?

Jim H.

Comment

Yes, there is a bug with the ramp rates (they sorta call it a feature but most users don't). I don't know if they have fixed it or even have it on their road map to fix it. I find it to be a significant problem. It is a firmware thing in the switches.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
      You could do it with group commands. Group commands allow a ramp rate setting. HOWEVER, be advised that at this time running a group command with a specific ramp rate will cause that switch to continue to respond to subsequent computer commands with that ramp rate until the switch is operated locally (that seems to set it back).

I got around that bug by creating an identical group command that includes the corrected ramp rates. I send the first group command with the special ramp rates, I pause enough time for that command to complete, and then follow it up with the "ramp rate correcting" group command. An ugly work-around, but it seems to get the job done till something is corrected.

Jon - do you know if SH is addressing this issue with the new PLC and SDM? Or is it a firmware issue in the switch itself?

Jim H.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
      X