No announcement yet.

Beta JowiHue 2.0.1.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*dunk* forgot to add the new xml here. Must be that age hummmmmm..

Sorry!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Sorry!

Wim
      Yes, I tell my wife that I am now old enough to hide my own Easter Eggs
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

No problems

Steve

Sorry!

Wim

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Yes, I tell my wife that I am now old enough to hide my own Easter Eggs
          I am still looking for mine from last year!!

Comment

I seem to be having an issue with transition times on an ikea bulb via DeConz. I have set a 5 second transition and from off the bulb lights but does not transition to full brightness 254. If I remove the transition time then full brightness is achieved (obviously with no transition). Having played about transition between CT values seems to work as expected but not between different levels of brightness.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I tested it here with an JowiHue action, set light. I added a transition time of 50 (5 seconds) for an Ikea bulb and used 254 for brightness (even if you use percentages for device values, you need to use 254 for the actions)

I am not seeing issues. I am using a Ikea 1000lm white light here. It could be dependant on the model of the light, or even dependant on the firmware on the bulb?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

I experimented some more and I now have two routines on the same bulb where one appears to work and the other doesn't. As far as I can see the two are set-up absolutely the same. The first event screenshot uploaded works and the second event doesn't.

If I then look at DeConZ when it fails that shows the slider up to full, however if I tap it at on the slider at maximum brightness then the bulb goes brighter but the slider does not move.

This is now a consistent position. When ever I try to transition to bright on the second event it does not work but the first always does. I have tried changing transition times and colour temperature.

I should be able to fix my issue by using the first routine but wondered why it is happening?

Steve
                Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

The only difference I can see is the NEVER entry in the action. I would not expect it to be of influence, but it might be worth to remove that action to see if the lights are set then?

If this does not change, could you see if the generated text (when the action is collapsed) differs betwee both events? Maybe there is another option active that is not shown currently. The generated sentence would show this I expect.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Ok, so a bit more experimenting and no real conclusions. The generated text is the same for both. I also removed the never condition and have updated DeConz to the latest version and that has made no difference.

I have found that there is a difference in how the phoscam app shows brightness to the web app, the phoscam app seems to be correct and showing an appropriate brightness for the bulb so the high setting shown in the web app may be a web app issue so I am ruling that out for now to keep things simple.

If I change the bulb referenced in the routine to an Osram device then it seems to work ok using the same routine and when I switch it back it then fails so that suggest a device specific issue, not sure how I get that investigated by DeConz.

I think the issue is also something to do with last settings used as I appear to be able to use the transition event successfully in a routine that fails to dim up correctly, changing CT without it changing the brightness level if it was already on the brightest setting.

I have had a couple of occasions where it went brighter and then dimmed down when transitioning from the partially transitioned state as if it was being forced to a value.

Another avenue is that it may be connected to the off event; which dims down to 1 over 5 seconds and then turns off. The value shown in JowiHue is 1 when it is supposed to be transitioing to 254, albeit it seems brighter than that.

The other avenue I need to explore is related to changing settings. The events that worked were all set up from fresh whilst the ones that failed had been extensively changed and when I changed one of the newer ones I started to get issues. I need to check this out as it may just have been that I turned the bulb off differently as I had at least four different views of the light bulb across homeseer, phoscam and the web app.

I found it incredibly difficult to change settings so changing the transition time between 50 and 0 took many attempts. After the value was submitted I would then see it revert to the old setting 5 or so seconds later. That impacted CT as well but I could always change the device/group I am not sure if this has a bearing.

So no conclusions and more avenues to explore.

Is there anyway to see what is sent across to DeConz as that may help to isolate the issue?

Steve

Comment

A new beta is available now, 2.0.1.11. I guess this should be a release candidate

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

@Steve,

I have here reactivated my Ikea color bulb as I do not see issues on the whites I am using, but they are whites and not CT devices.
                        I think I can see what you are seeing. If I turn off the bulb say at 50% dim and then set an even action that sends a bright 254, I see the light go up full it seems and then jump back in intensity? Are we seeing the same?

I will have to dive deep for this on, looks like an issue on the ikea bulb, but maybe the plugin sends a double bridght too that is not noticed by the other brands?

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

A new beta is available now, 2.0.1.11. I guess this should be a release candidate

Wim
                          And my two water Sensors are now working.
                          Nice work.

You said that there was power readings now. Should i see a power device for the water sensor?

Comment

No, that is for the plugs of Xiaomi and Heiman, not the battery devices, that seems to be very difficult to get.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

No, that is for the plugs of Xiaomi and Heiman, not the battery devices, that seems to be very difficult to get.

Wim
                              Okay.

I will just setup some event that check for unreachability.

Comment

I was reading the .11 release notes and was wondering how this ties into Philips hue. Are these lines for a different plug-in?

• Added support for alarm detectors, smoke/gas detectors, water detectors and fire detectors
                                • Added power consumption to the plugin for the Xiaomi and Heiman plugs (not reporting yet

Comment

Working...
                                X