Interest in XM PCR plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in XM PCR plugin?

I just bought an XM PCR USB-connected XM Receiver off eBay. They're not produced any more, but are fairly easy to find on eBay.

I'm working on a plugin to control this receiver for my own use. Is there any interest from others in a plugin? I am considering releasing it for free. If others are interested I'll put a little more effort into it to make it more user friendly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM_PCR
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

still use my xmpcr daily. would love to see a plugin

Comment

Did you get anywhere with this? I am working on it now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        Did you get anywhere with this? I am working on it now. Thanks.
        I did. I have been using the plugin for a while, but never completely finished it out. It's written in C#. I'll post the code in case you want to use it.

On a related note, I was just looking for a spare XM PCR and don't see any on eBay. Do you know of any for sale?
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Okay, I just cleaned up the source directory and zipped it up. Anyone who wants to use this code or even make a finished out plugin is welcome to it. If you do, all I ask is that you send me a message to let me know, more out of my curiosity than anything. I do not plan to make any enhancements or bug fixes to this plugin, since it was only for my use and it works "well enough" for my uses.

There are bugs for sure, and some things like album art and title/artist aren't working. There is also no config UI, but the only configuration needed is in BeakerXM.xml that gets created automatically when you first start the plugin. I've only used it under Linux (on HS3 and HS4) but there should be no issues under Windows. You need to set the COM port in the xml config file to match the port your XM PCR is using.

I built this as if I was going to distribute it in the HS store, but all you need to do is build the code and copy HSPI_BeakerXM.exe to your HS folder and restart. Then edit the generated xml file located in the Config directory.

I can't provide much support due to limited time, but I'll try to answer questions posted here.

Source code link:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4wgkhzcmb...ource.zip?dl=0

Comment

Hey thanks for doing this. I pulled the XMPCR from production and invested in a couple of Rusound MPX units. They are great and offer a lot of options. However, I will pull the XMPCR off the shelf and will play with this. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X