Delayed Device Actions Becoming Orpaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Device Actions Becoming Orpaned

I have HS3 running on a Windows 2012 R2 server. All has worked just fine for a couple of years now. As of late I am getting occasional orphaned events on Delayed Device Actions.

I have some pretty simple events that turn my lights on an off based on motion and door sensors. They work well most of the time but occasionally the event becomes orphaned and I get the following entry in the log.

May-02 10:18:08 PM Error upstairs hall lights (Delayed Action) Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at at A.c1b0f37609f28fb7afed8d440680e6db4.c286c675f0c01bc04565c67f 4291d4b76.c39fa18f7a7e131ca220f6638b55716be()

I am getting the same thing and don't have a good reason for it.

Comment

topic moved to appropriate forum..
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This appears to be connected to the Orphan Events folder.

In my case - I have an event that raises all of the blinds in my home office. There are three blinds and I have one event for each. The main event calls the other three events with 5 seconds in-between and then calls them again. This is because the Bond that I use for managing the blinds does not work 100% of the time. For some reason one of the events ended up in my Orphan Events this morning. I had to run it manually to remove it.

Separately I have had one or two events show up in the Orphans folder recently. One of them also cause other issues with my setup. It prevented JSON requests from being processed in the server. The server acknowledged the login, but never ran the command, and the same error appeared in the log. I used Jon00's Event Viewer to diagnose this, figured out that the errant event was in the Orphans folder - deleted it and the server started handling JSON requests normally. Also, the Orphaned event had nothing to do with the JSON request.

Don't know if that is helpful or not?

Comment

Working...
        X