Full system crash over weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full system crash over weekend

last week my system was working properly. Over the weekend every single device is no longer communicating with the system. Looks like something went wrong with my Z-wave network.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this or do I need to remove all the devices do a factory restore and start over?
    Attached Files

You really should try to provide at least some details of your configuration. I suspect readers of this board that are omnipotent are few and far between (though if I was omnipotent, I guess I'd know that for sure ).

The message "the serial port () was not found in the system" does provide a couple of clues: (1) your z-wave controller is likely a serial USB device (SmartStick? UZB?), and (2) the fact that it is apparently blank, not something like COMn (Windows) or /dev/ttySn (Linux) is reason for concern. You should post a screen shot of your Z-Wave Controller page (Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management), as well as the system info found on the help page.

Comment

OK so here are some more details.

The first picture I posted above is from the Log.
      The second picture I posted is the Z-Wave controller management page (from the Plug ins menu --> Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management).

I have a HS3 Zee S2 so my Z-wave is imbedded in my controller not a USB stick or external device.

Sorry for not posting the system info before, I am relatively new to the message board here and still learning how the controller works.

Here is my system info.
      Current Date/Time: 7/2/2018 8:00:32 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 10 Hours 44 Minutes 14 Seconds
      IP Address: 10.0.0.7
      Number of Devices: 34
      Number of Events: 9
      Available Threads: 394
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I missed that you posted the ZWaveController page, because it's incomplete - it appears that your interface is missing. It should look something like below (slightly different, mine's a Z-Net not a Zee), note the additional lower section. Go ahead and click 'Add Interface', then for interface model select the 'Internal' interface. Click Add, then enable it. Hopefully that will reattach and all the devices will get reconnected to the right place.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

That seems to have fixed the issue. I will monitor it this week and see if everything is working like it was last week.

Strange that it lost all the nodes like that, any ideas on what caused the issue or what I should look at to see if I can figure out what caused the issue?

Comment

It is strange. I haven't seen that in the 2 1/2 years I've been running my system. I'm not running a Zee though; perhaps others will chime in if they've seen similar.

Generic advice to avoid database corruption: A reliable clean power source, preferably UPS. Always shut down the system in a controlled fashion if possible.

Comment

I have had one RPi2 GPIO card get loosey goosey during shipping and not work.

Opened the RPi case and just pushed it back in to place and it came back to functioning.

The ZWave GPIO card is a snug fit so don't really know how this happened.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me.

Here is a possibility: If the interface is disabled (by clicking on the green check icon which then changes to a red circle-slash icon), then with a single click on the red X icon to the left, the interface is removed - no confirm dialog or anything. Just something to watch for.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have seen and maybe it is related to only the updater where I have not proactively updated a plugin and have seen it get updated auto magically. I do have my browser cache cleared every time I shut off Firefox. I wrote about this and no one else saw this.

I have written about this.

I have no ports opened in the firewall for access to Homeseer here.

That said maybe the ZWave interface was deleted automagically.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X