www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Forum for HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

Old December 19th, 2017, 10:52 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

OK, I removed it and re-included it "normally" (securely). Works the same as non-securely.

Jean - You appear to have a defective unit! Please contact our customer service folks to initiate and replacement. Sorry for the inconvenience.

website | products | support | youtube
Old December 19th, 2017, 11:24 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

ALSO... I would recommend updating to the latest beta of the Z-Wave plug-in. That way, you won't have to mess with parameters... you can just use the settings instead. Here is what the unit is set to by default. Note that the "Device Moved Notification" is disabled by default, again to preserve battery life. If you enable it, it does work just fine. I tested that too!
Attached Images

Old December 19th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

I did not get any errors at all in adding it once I took out the battery that it shipped with (discovered that the battery was almost dead when under load). I wired it to a power supply and it enrolled perfectly (secure). I now know that I will prefer non-secure to conserve battery life and time for response.

What you show in the video is EXACTLY what I want and what I had expected. I will do one more test when I get back home with the external sensor probes and see if that makes a difference. I also ordered some new batteries for this device as I plan to have 6 when I confirm that I can get them all working as I expect.

I do have a few questions.

1 - Have you been able to get the shock sensor to ever report back to HomeSeer when the device is moved (I know that this has to be enabled on the parameter)

2 - As far as a heartbeat goes for this device to know it is alive, is using the temperature value ever 12 hours ok? Is there a better heartbeat method?

3 - The device should always report immediately (within seconds) of contact with water right? And it should STAY reporting a leak while in contact with water and only go back to No Event when it is no longer in contact with water right? Both of these are reported immediately and are not based on time intervals correct?

Here is the log of it enrolling (it created 1 root device and 8 child devices)

HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (Root)

Water Notification (Child That Reports Leak Status)
Temperature (Child That Reports Temperature)
Battery (Child That Reports Battery Level)

Sensor Binary Water (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
Sensor Binary Tamper (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
Sensor Binary Heat (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
Sensor Binary Freeze (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
Heat Notification (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)

So of the 8 Child devices, only 3 ever get anything that I can tell.

---------------
Dec-18 10:05:13 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Battery Set to 100

Dec-18 10:05:05 PM Z-Wave 8 out of 8 Child devices of node 12 were created successfully.

Dec-18 10:05:04 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor to 0 hours and 20 minutes.

Dec-18 10:05:04 PM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (12) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.

Dec-18 10:05:02 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor

Dec-18 10:05:02 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Z-NET - Kitchen: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (Node 12, Group 1) to HomeSeer

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Root Node Device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor was created for node 12 on network CB78CCF3

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 12 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Node 12 Association Group 2 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Node 12 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-18 10:05:00 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:59 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is a V2 Binary Sensor. Supported Sensors: Heat, Water, Freeze, Tamper

Dec-18 10:04:56 PM Z-Wave Node 12 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.

Dec-18 10:04:55 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...

Dec-18 10:04:55 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.61 App: 1.2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Node: 12 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BATTERY, NOTIFICATION_V6, WAKE_UP, CONFIGURATION_V4, SUPERVISION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, SENSOR_BINARY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Node: 12 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BATTERY, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, NOTIFICATION_V6, WAKE_UP, CONFIGURATION_V4, SUPERVISION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, SENSOR_BINARY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Received information on 14 secure command classes from node 12

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 12, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Security device (Node 12) is verified as operating securely in this network.

Dec-18 10:04:53 PM Z-Wave Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 12, ID: 12=CH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 513=201H, ID: 10=AH

Dec-18 10:04:52 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Dec-18 10:04:52 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 12 Added.
---------------
---------------------------------------------------
Old December 19th, 2017, 02:25 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanv View Post
1 - Have you been able to get the shock sensor to ever report back to HomeSeer when the device is moved (I know that this has to be enabled on the parameter)
Yes, this works if you move the sensor
Quote:
2 - As far as a heartbeat goes for this device to know it is alive, is using the temperature value ever 12 hours ok? Is there a better heartbeat method?
We don't have a 'heartbeat' function in the unit. I'm not sure which values are logged... so can't say for sure if temp monitoring will work.
Quote:
3 - The device should always report immediately (within seconds) of contact with water right? And it should STAY reporting a leak while in contact with water and only go back to No Event when it is no longer in contact with water right? Both of these are reported immediately and are not based on time intervals correct?
My video was a 'real-time' enactment of the process. Yes, these conditions are reported immediately and are not based on a timer.

As I indicated, you may have a defective unit. If you want to continue testing that, I can't stop you but... my recommendation would be to swap it!

Old December 19th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Seer Deluxe

Will do I will swap it out. Thanks for your help with this and answering my questions about the device!
---------------------------------------------------
Old December 19th, 2017, 03:12 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanv View Post
Will do I will swap it out. Thanks for your help with this and answering my questions about the device!
no problem. I hope you have much better luck with the replacement!