Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 BBC Weather V4

Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 18, 2011, 11:30 AM.
    Jon

There was a small change to the BBC web site which caused the text forecast against the forecast graphic to stop updating (on the 5 day weather forecast only).

V4.0.1 corrects this issue.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, thanks very much, I'm using your scripts for this and it's working great.

Two quick questions.

Firstly whats the best way of displaying the 5 day forecast from within HS Touch? I've tried status tracking but this did not work.

Also I would like to supress certain aspects from weatherspeak, (eg pressure) but still have them as a virtual device, how do you advice I do this?

Thanks again

Jim

Comment

To display the 5-day forecast as shown as the virtual device in HSTouch, download my HTML to image utility and configure it to take a snapshot of the respective 5-day virtual device.

You can add this script to the main BBC weather event as a second action but make sure you set the BBC weather script to 'Wait for script to finish', so that the capture will not happen until it is completed downloading etc. The generated image can then be used in HSTouch. The images above were done this way.

As for speaking, the script can be modified to suit. What series of letters are you using in the weatherspeak script parameters so I can help you remove the pressure element?
        Jon

Comment

Jon, have the weather image numbers changed since upgrading? I've only come to notice just as I was going to post a screenshot of my weather screen but found the icons are slightly out of sync. The page you linked me to before (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bbcweat.../symbols.shtml) has gone. I am reading the DayImage0 value out and status tracking it to the weather icons, its just for Sunday on this shot you can see it is showing the image for Clear (value 1) whereas I had Sunny down as value 0.

Jim, anyway this is an alternative way of doing things, have another set of devices - read them all out of the Jon00BBCWeatherV4.ini file with a script and then status track them.
          Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

No change - 0 is clear and 1 is sunny.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              No change - 0 is clear and 1 is sunny.
              That would be why thanks, is there a list of them about (just in case my others are wrong)?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                That would be why thanks, is there a list of them about (just in case my others are wrong)?
                I've never compiled a list. You could probably derive it from the attached image where the first left-hand image is 0 etc.

Jon

Comment

excellent thanks, that will do for me.

Comment

Thanks Jon, your html to image script also works perfecly with hstouch

The otions for weatherspeak I'm using are ("Main","I1+F1+C")

Comment

To remove the pressure from the speech output, open up Jon00BBCWeatherSpeakV4.vb in a text editor.

Find the line:

hs.speak ("The pressure is " & CurrentConditionPressure & .....

Add a remark in front of this line i.e.

'hs.speak ("The pressure is " & CurrentConditionPressure &

Save the page. The pressure will now not be spoken.
                      Jon

Comment

thanks jon, thats all working great now

Comment

Hi

I've had some internet related problems, meaning comms have not been very good today :-(

Because of this the V4 weather script has struggled to pull data from the BBC. In my HSLog I have entries showing this error:

Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/BBCWeather/v4/n/a.gif

I assume this is because the V4 script can't pull weather data and then when I look at the HS Status page it is trying to put N/A (from N/A.gif) on the failed weather items.

I have a file called na.gif but not n/a.gif in images\BBCWeather\v4 as I doubt windows would allow the filename. Does the V4 code ask for a file called n/a.gif?

Thanks

Comment

What metric is trying to display the n/a.gif? I'll put a fix in for that.
                            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

Thanks for the, as always, fast reply!

I have n/a.gif on Summary, Pressure and Wind Direction. Temperature, Humidity, Wind Speed, Visibility and Pollution have N/A set but they don't display n/a.gif but other icons that are working fine.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X