New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Not an issue for me. What version of the Z-Wave plug-in are you using? And... did you try optimizing the node?

I was pretty sure I did a full optimize. I'll double check when I get home.
    Last edited by julez; January 20, 2018, 12:01 PM. Reason: I said 173... I'm using 184.

Comment

excluded and included only on power. 2 feet from the znet. same results.
      The unit behaves the same. I took the battery out the first day I got the unit.

Stuart

Comment

Ah I think I figured it out.

I had not changed the wake-up interval away from 12hrs.
        Adjusting this setting to 1 second basically got it taken care of.

But pairing it on line power vs battery didn't seem to make any difference.
        I also tried secure and non-secure on line power.

So if line power inclusion is supposed to change the wake-up interval, I don't think it does currently.

Comment

Originally posted by julez View Post
          Ah I think I figured it out.

I had not changed the wake-up interval away from 12hrs.
          Adjusting this setting to 1 second basically got it taken care of.

But pairing it on line power vs battery didn't seem to make any difference.
          I also tried secure and non-secure on line power.

So if line power inclusion is supposed to change the wake-up interval, I don't think it does currently.
          Actually nope I was wrong, it didn't help after all. I don't think I waited long enough before.

Comment

So after extensive testing it gets worse. I cannot get this to continuously listen. I have been able to change all the settings except when I get to time. The time change window will not bring up the numbers if you first click on days. I have to choose another time first then clicking on days the numbers appear. However I am unable to set the time for any amount of minutes or seconds. I have tired this both on chrome and firefox. I can select 1 second and then after clicking on the set button I find that it never updates in the device, yet if I go back to change it, the seconds are still selected in the time change choice box.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
              So after extensive testing it gets worse. I cannot get this to continuously listen. I have been able to change all the settings except when I get to time. The time change window will not bring up the numbers if you first click on days. I have to choose another time first then clicking on days the numbers appear. However I am unable to set the time for any amount of minutes or seconds. I have tired this both on chrome and firefox. I can select 1 second and then after clicking on the set button I find that it never updates in the device, yet if I go back to change it, the seconds are still selected in the time change choice box.

Stuart
              If you keep waking it up, I think it'll allow you to change it, but you have to be fairly quick. Either way, definitely not working as intended.

Comment

Stuart
                Looks like there was a firmware change for the production units (I've been using a prototype). So... click the network button 4 times to wake it up and then access the settings to change the PIR timeout to "0". Once that's done, the sensor will become very responsive to motion/no motion
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by julez View Post
                  If you keep waking it up, I think it'll allow you to change it, but you have to be fairly quick. Either way, definitely not working as intended.
                  click the network button 4 times to wake it up. Then change the PIR timeout to "0".

If you don't have the latest beta version of the Z-Wave plug-in installed, be sure to do that first!

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    Thanks, but I've already done that. Yea I agreee its probably a different firmware. Any possiblity to getting that ? Already had the timeout to 0 and it does recover quickly in reporting motion probably around 10 seconds which is great. But I would really like to have the always listening and repeating.
                    How about we do a swap of my units for yours ?

Stuart

Comment

Hi Mark,
                      Thanks, but I've already done that. Yea I agreee its probably a different firmware. Any possiblity to getting that ? Already had the timeout to 0 and it does recover quickly in reporting motion probably around 10 seconds which is great. But I would really like to have the always listening and repeating.
                      How about we do a swap of my units for yours ?

Stuart
                      Could be an issue with the plug-in. I'll check with Rich and get back to you.

Comment

Mark,
                        So when you do a test of connectivity on the znet, does your motion get skipped as a battery device or is it tested. Mine shows that even on a power supply it will still be skipped as a battery device.

Stuart

Comment

Outdoor Motion detector?

Originally posted by macromark
                          Not for this product but we do have something in the works for this coming spring.
                          Anything you want to leak to make us salivate? I now have WD200's that are just dying to indicate motion outside!

Comment

Originally posted by macromark
                            getting close on the firmware! once that's finalized and we have a chance to test it outdoors (brrrr), we'll be ready to move ahead. hang in there!
                            I'd be happy to help you test it outdoors here in the heat and humidity of the Texas Gulf Coast.....

Rob

Comment

For anyone that has one of these... would you say it responds fast enough to use it to control lighting in bathrooms.

Walk into the bathroom and the lights are turned on based on the sensor motion signal.
                              Is this sensor fast enough at sending the signal?
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                                For anyone that has one of these... would you say it responds fast enough to use it to control lighting in bathrooms.

Walk into the bathroom and the lights are turned on based on the sensor motion signal.
                                Is this sensor fast enough at sending the signal?
                                +1

how well this sensor works?
                                Any user update?

Comment

Working...
                                X