www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Forum for HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

Old December 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Unhappy Video - New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Crazy Behavior!

Here is a video of the crazy behavior of the New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor. It does not trigger when it sense water but instead triggers when it no longer senses water!

At first it would flip back and fourth very quickly over and over again between "no event" and and "water detected" and now it only reports when it is NOT sensing water.
---------------------------------------------------
Old December 18th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Seer Master

I was just reading the manual and I think there might need to be a different parameter setting for 14 and 17. 14 enables basic set commands and 17 the time interval for it to report a leak. Maybe changing 17 to a 1 and wait one minute while it is in water would give you a reading.
Old December 18th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

The interesting thing here is that just a moment before I shot the video it was NOT behaving this way. Just before the video was shot it would report “Water Notification” as Water Leak Unknown Location and then immediately go back to No Event while still on water then it would flip back and fourth every second or so going from Water Leak Unknown Location back to No Event constantly until it was taken out of the water.

Now it only reports when it is taken out of water... it is nuts.
Old December 18th, 2017, 07:13 PM
OverSeer

I just tested mine the same way and it appears to be working fine. It detects when in water and when out of water. My battery shows 100% and has updated. The temperature has not updated, but I suspect it only sends it periodically.

My Z-Wave plugin version is: 3.0.1.162

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old December 18th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanv View Post
The interesting thing here is that just a moment before I shot the video it was NOT behaving this way. Just before the video was shot it would report “Water Notification” as Water Leak Unknown Location and then immediately go back to No Event while still on water then it would flip back and fourth every second or so going from Water Leak Unknown Location back to No Event constantly until it was taken out of the water.

Now it only reports when it is taken out of water... it is nuts.
Have you tried changing parameter 17 to a 1? This will set it at 1 min response time. So when you set it in the water it should report 1 min later. Right now it is set at 5 as default. I think you press the button 4 times and then initiate a parameter change in settings. The response for removing it from water is normal.

At least it would tell you if it is working correctly or not.
Old December 18th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have now set parameter 17 to a value of 1 with no change in leak detection behavior at all.

I also set parameters 18 to 1 and 19 to 1 also...

It does now report Temperature but still never triggers the shock sensor in terms of reporting though does trigger the LED on the device when you move it (it is just that HS never sees that).

It still only reports leak when it removed from water (it reports it immediately when it is removed... no waiting) but it does NOT report when it senses water.

The battery that it shipped with keeps registering lower and lower... maybe that is it? Needless to say, I am not happy with this device so far and I don't know how I feel about trusting it to detect a water leak.
Attached Images

Old December 18th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Seer Deluxe

Unhappy

Here it is again... Same behavior: Only Reports When It no longer senses water!

Dec-18 6:45:29 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 10 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: No Event

Dec-18 6:45:28 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 10 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location

The Shock Sensor NEVER reports back to HomeSeer (But the LED does show is locally)... Temperature does..

Here is the video

Old December 18th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Seer Master

Just a hunch but you might try excluding it first. Then reset it based on manual. Then re-include it. Make sure it is within a couple of feet from the controller. Something just might be out of whack.

Set parameter 17 back to 1 to test. Set it in water and wait one minute to see if it reports. Don't move it from the water for the entire minute.
Old December 18th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Seer Deluxe

I tried what you suggested... No luck... I am at a loss here... any other ideas? You will see in the video the type of craziness I am getting.

Old December 18th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Seer Master

After watching the video I see what may be the problem. Don't pull out the battery through these steps.
1. start exclude, press button 3 times quickly, led should stop blinking when it's done
2. to reset, hold button down for 20 sec and release as soon as led goes solid
3. start include, press button for 5 sec, release

You may have to try to do an include using the non-secure. Exclude first. Start include and press button once.

Last edited by cowinger; December 18th, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old December 18th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have tried what you are saying without ever removing the battery. It does not make a difference. I have a video of me trying it without removing the battery. Maybe this unit shipped with a bad battery? Maybe low power is the problem to all this erratic behavior? I have ordered more of these batteries from Amazon.

Right now I need to step away from this thing. I expected alot more from this.

Old December 19th, 2017, 12:33 AM
Seer Deluxe

Ok so I connected a variable power supply to the battery leads on the Leak Sensor and SOME of the erratic behavior went away. It Enrolled perfectly with 8 Child nodes.

BUT when dipped in water, the same crazy behavior came up again and again.

Sometimes it would reports by constantly cycling through Leak Detected and No Event constantly while in water and sometimes it would report NOTHING at all until it was taken out of water... Watch...

Attached Images

Old December 19th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Unhappy

Just as a final test, I let the leak sensor sit in water for 8 minutes and it NEVER reported it back to HomeSeer (or blink the LED) until I took it out of the water then, as usual, it immediately reported back to back:

Dec-18 10:41:31 PM - Z-Wave - Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location

Dec-18 10:41:32 PM - Z-Wave - Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: No Event

To Summarize:

1 - The battery may have been at fault for some of the erratic behavior
2 - Even when connected to a power supply it still does not ever report the shock sensor back to HomeSeer even though the LED does blink when moved
3 - Water detection is alternates between the fast cycling of Leak Detected and No Event and only ever reporting when it is taken out of water.

Am I the only one seeing this behavior? Does anyone have anything else they want me to try?
Old December 19th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Seer Master

I know this is going to sound redundant but in watching the press of the switch I have found that the speed in which you press it makes a difference. So put it in exclude and when you press the switch 3 times do it as fast as you can. Slow presses may not work. For some reason there are devices that have to have it done this way. Not sure if this is one of them but worth a try.
If it excludes correctly then do an include. No need for a reset this time.
Old December 19th, 2017, 01:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

It was not the speed of the presses in relation to add and removing the device from the ZWave controller, it 100% was the battery. Once I connected a power supply and dialed it to 3.65V DC the sensor:

- Excluded properly
- Hardware Reset Properly
- Included Properly

The problem I think is now the sensor itself, specifically the contacts (I think, not sure).

As you can see in the video with the hardwired bench setup it is now enrolled and does communicate... Just not how it should. I will try the external contacts probe tomorrow and see if that make a difference. Also it NEVER reports shock or movement of the sensor back to HomeSeer though it does light the LED locally when it is moved.

Do you have one of these? Have you seen any of this behavior?
Old December 19th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Seer Plus

I had a slow lag getting it to report a leak, now you got me worried just order three, they are very similar to fibaro. I will be doing more testing but the only way I could get it to fire an event was leak in an unknown area, why this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 19th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Seer

Hey guys,

I have a different problem. I tried installing a sensor in non-secure mode this morning and see fewer devices that expected, and no root device. Adding the device reported 8 of 8 child devices created.

My ZWave plugin is 3.0.1.130.

[IMG]file:///C:/capture.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 19th, 2017, 10:02 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphead View Post
I had a slow lag getting it to report a leak, now you got me worried just order three, they are very similar to fibaro. I will be doing more testing but the only way I could get it to fire an event was leak in an unknown area, why this?
Did you add it secure? I would highly recommend adding these non secure as this will extend the battery and speed up communications. Z-Wave is a secure protocol so the added security isn't needed in this case.
Old December 19th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Seer Master

Guys, this looks like a good source for batteries. See this post.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...51&postcount=7
Old December 19th, 2017, 10:47 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Jean - Sorry to see you're having trouble with our new sensor. I grabbed one to test a moment ago and it's working fine for me... here's a quick vid:

Did you get any errors when including it into the system? In my case, I added it "un-securely" (non-securely?) to help preserve the battery life. Secure "S0" mode actually sends 3 packets each time it communicates back to the controller.

I'll try adding it securely and I'll repeat the test and post back here.

website | products | support | youtube