Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unrelated to UPB plugin did get an email this morning from PCS for new version of Upstart.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

SA serial PIM not working with HS UPB plugin

I have HS3Pro running with a SA UMC-DB9 serial PIM. I works fine with my Spud Plug-in trial, but not with the HS UPB plugin. When I try to select COM1 on the HS plugin config screen and save changes, it defaults back to the USB-PCS selection every time. If I pause the HS plugin, and run UPStart, it finds the PIM and controls devices. In the first post in this forum it says that the HS Plugin should work with the SA serial PIM. Like I said, the Spud Plugin works, but I'd like to save the 40 bucks if possible! Any suggestions? Thanks,

Ed

Comment

Ed,
        I don't have any experience with this plug-in, but even though the plug-in claims to be using the PCS PIM, have you tried to continue to use it with the SA interface anyway? I would expect the PCS USB interface to look pretty similar to the SA Serial interface to the plug-in, because the PCS interface just has a USB-to-serial converter build into the box.

As an aside, I use Spud's plug-in and I think it is well worth the extra cost.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          As an aside, I use Spud's plug-in and I think it is well worth the extra cost.
          I agree,

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Yes, tried and no response from my UPB devices...but I think you are correct...I will
            avoid any more frustration and buy Spud's plugin...IT WORKS! Thanks for the replies.

Ed

Comment

Working...
            X