Intermatic 2wire wall switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermatic 2wire wall switch

FYI: I purchased from HST the Intermatic 2 wire wall switch. Good quality. Works like a charm.

On and off are a nice slow dim in either direction. Almost on the edge of too slow to respond, but personally I like it. Gives me a chance to leave the room after hitting the swtich while the light dims to an off.

A bit confusing for my wife going from the less than basic X10 wall switch (single direction "toggle"), but she'll get used to it.

I give it a "recommend" for anyone needing a 2 wire solution.

(Although the description reads "white only", it is a bit more on the beige side; not a pure white. The white wall plate I have really brings that out.)

Brian:

Thanks for the review. I have been waiting until I had heard some feedback.

- Mike

Comment

With that kind of reveiw I think it is time to make a purchase.

Thom

Comment

Unfortunately they are only available in off-white.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          Unfortunately they are only available in off-white.
          It's "slight off white". If you were to but a beige faceplate on it, it would look white. With a pure white faceplate, it shows its "off-whiteness". Not enough that I worried about it. I'll let you know if the wife ever spots it (DOOM!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
            It's "slight off white". If you were to but a beige faceplate on it, it would look white. With a pure white faceplate, it shows its "off-whiteness". Not enough that I worried about it. I'll let you know if the wife ever spots it (DOOM!)
            How about the Almond faceplates? Are they a match?

Doug

Comment

Intermatic Wall Switch - Limited to 2 gang?

I was suprised when I opened my Intermatic Wall Switch package and saw a warning that it should not be limited to 2 gang boxes.

Is this due to heat concerns?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L
                I was surprised when I opened my Intermatic Wall Switch package and saw a warning that it should not be limited to 2 gang boxes.

Is this due to heat concerns?

Mark
                Supposedly, but I have 2 in many locations and there is hardly any heat at all. I have read where others have overloaded the switches and they shut off though.

Comment

"should not be limited to 2 gang boxes"

Wait -- so a maximum of two should be installed in a box? Or they should be x inches apart? Or what does that mean?

Comment

Intermatic 2-Gang

Sorry, that should have read..."Suitable for up to 2 gang installations"

I assume this means that I cannot place one in a three gang box.

Is this correct or does it mean that a max of 2 z-wave devices can be in one box no matter what the size of the box is?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L
                      Sorry, that should have read..."Suitable for up to 2 gang installations"

I assume this means that I cannot place one in a three gang box.

Is this correct or does it mean that a max of 2 z-wave devices can be in one box no matter what the size of the box is?

Mark
                      I believe it means not more than two in any size box. It shouldn't matter if you had regular switches (non X10) in that box because they do not produce much heat at all.

Comment

"Suitable for up to two gang installations" means that the wall switch has been tested by the agency (CSA in this case) to be able to safely operate at the maximum rated load (300Watts) in an installation in which the dimmer switch is installed next to another switch.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification guys. Sounds like I'm ok to place it in the place I need it.

Mark

Comment

Installed the switch today...I would agree with Bryan's comment regarding the off white color.

Otherwise, it seems to work well.

Mark

Comment

Mark is it closer to Ivory than white?

Comment

Working...
                              X