Plugin recognizing Kinect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin recognizing Kinect?

Shouldn't the Kinect plugin show all 3 Kinects that I have attached to my HS3 server in the plugin General tab under the drop down box in the Kinect Sensor line? There is only the ID for the first Kinect there. The local kinect is the only Kinect instance that has a link to the configuation page to it. The other instances are there but do not have links. Only the first and the remote kinects work. No other kinects work when plugged in locally.

Originally posted by mtroxell1 View Post
    Shouldn't the Kinect plugin show all 3 Kinects that I have attached to my HS3 server in the plugin General tab under the drop down box in the Kinect Sensor line? There is only the ID for the first Kinect there. The local kinect is the only Kinect instance that has a link to the configuation page to it. The other instances are there but do not have links. Only the first and the remote kinects work. No other kinects work when plugged in locally.

I had the same issue when running multiple kinects on one machine and it is because the kinect uses alot of bandwidth on the usb hub. each kinect needs to be on a different usb card because if you look at the resources that the kinect uses it is around 61%

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I tried putting one kinect on an onboard USB port and the other local kinect on a USB card, Still no luck. i even connected one of them thru a powered USB hub,

Comment

try to run the Kinect explorer application that you can run from the developer toolkit browser that comes with the SDK. You should see a window like on the screenshot below that list all the detected kinect sensors:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	kinectexplorer.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1174828

do you see your 3 kinects in there? are they showing as "Connected" ?

as Ken said, you need to plug each kinect on its own USB hub. Also some users have reported that it doesn't work with USB 3 ports, so use USB 2 port if you can.

Comment

Working...
        X