Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino API doesn't reset input values? or retains old values

Hi,

I have some questions on how the Arduino API 'holds' or sends Input values to Homeseer.
    It seems that the Input 'retains' an old value and when Arduino sends the new value they get "added" or something...see below.

Scenario:

I am reading the pH value and when I use the 'standard' sketch the sensor reads the correct value. I know its the correct value since I have standard pH Buffer solutions that I use to test (4,7 and 10 pH).
    pH =4 (buffer solution) reads 4.1

However when I use the HS3Arduino API sketch I get very different results.
    pH = 4 (buffer solution) reads 17.83 when read from the Homeseer Device.

Same sensor, same buffer solution (didn't change anything, just the sketch)

I even tried sending the pH sensor value in mV to see if it read the same but somehow even this gets changed when reading it in the Homeseer Device.

Standard sketch
    mV = 2560

HS3Arduino APi
    mV = 2319

I am attaching the standard sketch and the HS3Arduino sketch I am using and the HS3 devices showing the results.

NOTE HS3 Device Values
    Board 1, Output 0 (I just use to send data to Homeseer)
    Board 1, Input 1 (pH)
    Board 1, Input 4 (mV)

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Attached Files

This is strange. The values should be the same.

The only things I see is that you are calling Serial.begin in your setup and this is not needed. The other thing is there is a Delay(1000) in the standard sketch that is not in the API setup which might not be allowing the calibration time to complete.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      This is strange. The values should be the same.

The only things I see is that you are calling Serial.begin in your setup and this is not needed. The other thing is there is a Delay(1000) in the standard sketch that is not in the API setup which might not be allowing the calibration time to complete.

Greig.
      OK, I have done a little more testing and I found out that if I remove everything (all other variables, all HSinput and HSoutputs) and only leave the pH read and HSoutput for the pH the value is a LOT closer to what is should, but not exact. Meaning the pH is 1-2 higher than reading it with the original sketch for the board.
      I also removed the serial.begin and added the delay as the original sketch.

I reached out to the vendor to see if they can determine what might be causing the change in values.

will report back with findings,

thanks
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X