X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk Update Polling on all devices?

Hi All,

I am new to Mark's plug-in and testing it atm. I am running version 3.0.6.23 beta (have Motion II sensors). So far so good. My question: Can you bulk update polling schedule for all devices under "manage devices" on plugin? I have over 50 devices and don't want to have update them all one at a time. Hoping I just missed something.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,
    welcome to my forum and plugin.

there isn't a bulk update method. but I supposed you could shutdown the plugin and manually edit the insteon.ini to get started. look for the PollingInterval key in each [device x] section.

don't update the insteon.ini while the plugin is running; your changes won't be saved.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks

Well Thanks Mark.

Loving your plug in thus far. Just purchased it off Homeseer's site. Waiting for my license key to arrive.

Will do as you suggested and just edit the .ini

Thanks again.

Chris

Comment

Enjoy the plugin. Search and post questions to the forum for support.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Chris, Don't get too carried away with polling Insteon devices. Each poll adds traffic to the network and slows things down. Once you get a robust Insteon network there are very few lost messages and no need for polling. If you find you MUST poll some devices, keep the polling intervals different. Example, use 60 minutes for device 1, 61 minutes for device 2, etc. That way there is only one poll being done at a time with little delay to the system compared to setting 10 devices to be polled every 60 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X