Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homeseer plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 release candidate available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homeseer plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 release candidate available

homeseer plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 release candidate available for testing.

the plugin ends to work at 1 september 2012.

can be downloaded from :

http://www.jilles.org/JillesSomfy

prerequisites:

Homeseer 2 with at least version 2.3.0.55 on computer

iis 7 or 7.5 running on computer

the zip file if installed under homeseer creates a website jillessomfy and an applicationpool jillessomfy in iis.

framework 4 installed on computer for .Net 4

new version 1.0.0.1 on the link with elaborate user guide. it works until 1-4-2013. I hope HS3 is released then.
    Last edited by wetlip; September 12, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

new version Homeseer Somfy Rts485 Transmitter plugin

new version 1.0.0.2 works until 1-1-2014, the earlier version didnt work except at my home because nodeaddress was hardcoded to mine.

Comment

Hi Wetlip

I'm about to install this and test it with my new RTS485 and wirefree blind.

I can't work out how this should be installed. Your manual says it is installed via HomeSeer, which doesn't quite make sense (to me at least).

Am I meant to copy certain files to certain directories to get the installer running?

Thanks
        Nicolai
        Nicolai L

Comment

OK, if I copy pending.txt to updates2 and the zip to updates2\zips then the installer runs.

However, I experience two problems
          1) I get a command prompt up with an error that html\jillessomfy\app_data does not exist. Manually creating the directory and re-running the installer does not change anything
          2) I get a second command prompt up telling me HomeSeer is not installed and press q to quit. Perhaps the installer is not looking at the right place to find HS ??

Hope you can help. I'm very interested in the plug-in
          Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Wetlip

Any news/help on how I can get this plug-in working on my install?

Thanks
            Nicolai
            Nicolai L

Comment

I'm very interested in this plugin as I'm looking for a solution for my Somy RTS blinds.
              I have 2 questions:

1. this plugin is only release candidate for HS2 and only working for a limited time period. As I have already pre-orderd HS3,. I will move to HS3, but I do not know when I will move my production system as I'm dependent on several plugins.

Will the HS2 version be available for a long time still?

I'm struggelign to find a place that sells the art 1810803. I have found a Somfy 1810872 Universal RTS Interface II, 16-Channel that uses RS232. but I fear that this is not compatible?
              I guess the correct version for this plugin is: http://www.somfysmarthome.co.uk/pdfs...ransmitter.pdf

br
              Toby

Comment

the plugin for hs3 is ready , should only be tested with the new hs3 updater.

the structure is completely different, no aspx or iis need anymore, completely working under hs3.

the hs2 variant wont be continued.

you are right , it is the "european" version from somfysmarthome.

Comment

As I'm waiting for HS3 plugins to be completed, I need to get Somfy working onHS2 for now.

Wanted to try this plugin, but the install failed miserably. Is this plugin working for

Comment

i am sorry but the hs2 of the somfy transmitter version wont be supported.
                    that is to much time investment for 3 instances of the somfy plugin running on this globe. the idea of letting a .net 4 web application running on IIs as a plugin for hs2 which is a .net 2 webserver is to complicated to maintain. the hs3 version is much simpeler and doesnt need iis running on your computer because it completely runs under hs3.

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
                      that is to much time investment for 3 instances of the somfy plugin running on this globe. the idea of letting a .net 4 web application running on IIs as a plugin for hs2 which is a .net 2 webserver is to complicated to maintain. the hs3 version is much simpeler and doesnt need iis running on your computer because it completely runs under hs3.
                      Any idea when the HS3 version will be available for trial?
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Re: homeseer plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 release candidate available

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
                        I understand. Thanks for the update.

I would be very interested in testing the HS3 version. Any idea on when this will be available for beta testing?

Comment

any update on this HS3 plugin? When will it be available for trail?

Comment

Hi Wetlip,

Any update on where the plugin is up to / if we can get it for HS3. I've got a HS2 system with the 482 interface connected but I can't seem to get your plugin working.

Happy to contribute to the project to support the work, as i'm sure are others.

Many thanks,

Kieran

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162599

Comment

Working...
                              X