Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rako Lighting integration

Hi,

I have been looking for a reliable & decent looking lighting system to use along side HS2.
    I have decided that I really like Rako Lighting, and the only thing holding me back from purchasing it is the lack of HS integration.

If anyone has successfully been able to control Rako from HS, I'd be interested on hearing about your experiences, and methods for doing so.

Is there an Officially supported way? Plugins etc

Many thanks
    Gavin

Gavin,

i have a extensive rako system in my house and i have most of modules they manfacture, including the raddmx that i use to control indoor led lighting and outdoor led garden lighting.

i had the same problem that no interface existed so i have written a interface to the rav232+ bi directional unit.

the codes not exactly an example of good programming i'm sure, its a long while since i programmed in anger for a living but it works.

To start a new install you have to fill in a access db with each of the rooms info and the rako channel levels for each of the 4 scenes that have been stored on the rako devices in each room, you then run a command that creates all the virtual devices in hs. there is no way with the rako rav232+ interface to get what channel levels have been stored in the rako devices!

I use hstouch on a samsung Q1 on the coffee table and have made a few screens for each room that allow you to recall scenes 1-4 and off as per the rako rcp07 and then you can adjust the on screen faders and if you want store these levels back to the database and to the rako devices so that when you recall a scene all the hs rako devices get updated to the correct levels.

for instance we use the hs touch screen to recall a scene in two adjoining rooms and the allow us to vary the levels of things like reading lamps by on screen faders - something that is impossible in a normal rako rcp panel.

its a bit of work in progress and you would need to be able to edit a vb net script to make it work for you, because i haven't made it totally universal, but i use it every day in my house and it does what we need.

Happy to share.

Pete

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for responding so quickly.
      It sounds like it may be a bit tricky to implement, but could be worth the effort.

Would you mind if i looked at the coding you have put together. I am definitely not a programmer, In fact I'm more of a copy/paste person, but hopefully will be able to get my head around what you've done, and try to put it to some use.

Thanks again
      Gavin

Comment

Gavin,

i'll tidy it up a bit and add some notes, you should be able to figure it out easily.

PM me your email addy and i will send something over this week, subject to my workload at work

Pete

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

How did this work out ? I have a number of Rako controllers and am also interested in the same setup, with the RAV232+.

If you're still happy to share, Pete, I would like to take a look too. I have a programming background so the script editing pre-requisite would be no problem.

Dave

Comment

Gavin, Dave

i have just come out of the busiest time of the year for my business, so this had to go on the backburner, back on the case - sorry for the delay in getting this out the door.

I have managed to tidy the code up some what, i will add some notes and try and get something out over the weekend to you both.

The code is working well, i just added a few more channels of edge lit perspex shelves last week using 3 more channels on an existing raddmx unit and it was a breeze to add to the system and is all now fully under hstouch control.

i see that rako have brought out a ip based controller unit, that may be another way forward, but my code seems to work for me at the moment.

Pete.

Comment

Hi All,

Any chance I coudl get a copy of this too - I have just purchased HomeSeer and am awaiting the first delivery of my RAKO kit.

Thanks

Stuart

Comment

stuart,

if you drop me a PM with your email details i will let you have the code i have.

Best

Pete.

Comment

Thanks have left a visitor message as I can't pm you

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

Hi All

I have recently installed HomeSeer and am just acquiring some Rako lighting kit. Any chance of getting hold of a copy of the routines for Homeseer to interact with the Rako RS232+ interface?

Many thanks

Derek

Comment

derek,

pm me your email address and i will send over what i have with instructions on how to get it working.

Best

Pete.

Comment

Hi Pete,

I too have been looking for information on how to control Rako equipment with Homeseer. Do you mind sharing your script with me?

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Hi Pete,

Im looking at doing the same, potentially building it into a robust plugin.
                            Would you be interested in maybe working with me to do this?

Im pretty new to homeseer, i have some programming background, worked a lot with APIs.
                            Ideally we could build a plugin where you enter the IP of a bridge and it automatically downloads all Rooms, Scenes etc.

Let me know
                            Guy

Comment

Working...
                            X