Harmony hub extender for zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Do you know for sure your running the latest hub firmware?
    Jus called the Harmony helpdesk, they did say that it was the latest firmware.
    But no sollution, the strange thing is that the Philips HUE app does see all the lights in the HA-bridge.
    Reconnect de HS-bridge has no result (1 of 15 devices), also strange the name is different then the light that switches when I controle it with de Harmony!

Comment

Nothing is running on that same discovery port? Any error in the logs when the harmony hub is trying to search for it?

Comment

Nothing is running on that same discovery port? Any error in the logs when the harmony hub is trying to search for it?
        The "Web Server Port" or the "UPNP Response Port" I didn't change a port maybe I should?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
          The "Web Server Port" or the "UPNP Response Port" I didn't change a port maybe I should?
          The "UPNP Response Port", but I don't think you can change it (wont work if you do as that's the Hue Hubs normal port is uses and thats what harmony and the hue app use also to find it.

Funny part is I have been using it for some time along with many others. I also use it on Amazon echo. I think there has to be an issue (not your fault) somewhere on your side to only see a few devices.

Is there any difference between the types of devices you can and cant see? All were created the same way with the same type of urls? All use the get command?

Comment

The "UPNP Response Port", but I don't think you can change it (wont work if you do as that's the Hue Hubs normal port is uses and thats what harmony and the hue app use also to find it.

Funny part is I have been using it for some time along with many others. I also use it on Amazon echo. I think there has to be an issue (not your fault) somewhere on your side to only see a few devices.

Is there any difference between the types of devices you can and cant see? All were created the same way with the same type of urls? All use the get command?
            The devices are the same like post #78, only whitout the dim command url.

Comment

I found a solution
              When I click "Renumber Devices" in HA bridge and "row" and "ID" are equal the HUB does see the devices, now I have 4 devices (I deleted a few) and the are oke

Comment

I found a solution
                When I click "Renumber Devices" in HA bridge and "row" and "ID" are equal the HUB does see the devices, now I have 4 devices (I deleted a few) and the are oke
                Great, so you ended up with a bunch of devices all with the same Hue Hub ID number?

Comment

Great, so you ended up with a bunch of devices all with the same Hue Hub ID number?
                  What do you mean with the same "Hue Hub ID number" I mean the row and ID in the HA-bridge.

When I add the fith device in the HA-bridge the Harmony doesn't see it
                  Only four!

Comment

What do you mean with the same "Hue Hub ID number" I mean the row and ID in the HA-bridge.

When I add the fith device in the HA-bridge the Harmony doesn't see it
                    Only four!
                    Yes that is the Hue Hub Device ID. You can't have multiple of the same ones or you will have problems. Everyone should be different.

I think maybe your problem is when your clicking on "Manual Add" to make a new device your probley seeing all the information is in place for an existing device. So your actually editing the old device not creating a new one. When you click on "Manual Add" that next page should be blank. If its not your not really creating a new device. I think this happens when you click edit on a device on the main page then click back to go back to the main then click "Manual Add" then you really end up back at the same device you were trying to edit.

I think its kind of clunky but one way I know to get the "Manual Add" page to be blank so you can add a new device is to click on the bridge control tab then click save. After when you go to the "Manual Add" tab the page will be blank and ready for you to add a new device.

And if you want to test my theory on the main page click on the edit button on any device then click to go back to the main page then click on the manual add tab and you will now see that device you were just trying to edit is all in the page. If you erase or change it it will actually edit that device and delete it or overwrite it out not actually make a new device.

Comment

Yes that is the Hue Hub Device ID. You can't have multiple of the same ones or you will have problems. Everyone should be different.

I think maybe your problem is when your clicking on "Manual Add" to make a new device your probley seeing all the information is in place for an existing device. So your actually editing the old device not creating a new one. When you click on "Manual Add" that next page should be blank. If its not your not really creating a new device. I think this happens when you click edit on a device on the main page then click back to go back to the main then click "Manual Add" then you really end up back at the same device you were trying to edit.

I think its kind of clunky but one way I know to get the "Manual Add" page to be blank so you can add a new device is to click on the bridge control tab then click save. After when you go to the "Manual Add" tab the page will be blank and ready for you to add a new device.

And if you want to test my theory on the main page click on the edit button on any device then click to go back to the main page then click on the manual add tab and you will now see that device you were just trying to edit is all in the page. If you erase or change it it will actually edit that device and delete it or overwrite it out not actually make a new device.
                      All devices (5) have a Unique Id (used for Hue responses)

Thanks for the explanation, it works I have now 6 devices and 6 in the HUB
                      Last edited by Paul32; November 7, 2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

All devices (5) have a Unique Id (used for Hue responses)

Thanks for the explanation, it works I have now 6 devices and 6 in the HUB
                        Something weird going on and I think I'm out of solutions to things to try really. I'm running alot more then 4 and on some really old versions of this there was like a 25 or 30 device limit (not sure why that was) but it was found and corrected some time ago. Not sure what the new device limit is but I never hit it. Like I said on my harmony remote there is only 4 home control buttons. But I do have more then one remote (3 actually). So in real world I could only use my remotes to control 12 total devices. With only one remote I could only control 4 devices. When I was using it for Amazon "ECHO" (which its still setup but now HS has Echo support and more devcies) I could use alot more.

I can only think of rebooting the pi and or the Harmony hub and retesting to see what you get.

Comment

Something weird going on and I think I'm out of solutions to things to try really. I'm running alot more then 4 and on some really old versions of this there was like a 25 or 30 device limit (not sure why that was) but it was found and corrected some time ago. Not sure what the new device limit is but I never hit it. Like I said on my harmony remote there is only 4 home control buttons. But I do have more then one remote (3 actually). So in real world I could only use my remotes to control 12 total devices. With only one remote I could only control 4 devices. When I was using it for Amazon "ECHO" (which its still setup but now HS has Echo support and more devcies) I could use alot more.

I can only think of rebooting the pi and or the Harmony hub and retesting to see what you get.
                          Hi, did you get the DIM function work, with a HomeSeer device?
                          If yes what url do you use for it, and what device type in HomeSeer (z-wave/X10)
                          On/Off works great so far

Comment

Hi, did you get the DIM function work, with a HomeSeer device?
                            If yes what url do you use for it, and what device type in HomeSeer (z-wave/X10)
                            On/Off works great so far
                            That was covered when I gave you the on/off commands. Check post #78 on page 4 of this thread.

Comment

That was covered when I gave you the on/off commands. Check post #78 on page 4 of this thread.
                              Thanks it works, I treid it already but there was a space between intensity. and percent

Comment

Thanks it works, I treid it already but there was a space between intensity. and percent
                                Yes, thanks for noticing that. I just tried to edit it and it doesn't show the space in the edit only when it posts. It was also a copy and paste. I tried to copy and paste it right again and still for some reason when it post to the forum it automatically puts a space every time.

So I hope that doesn't screw up more people down the road.

EDIT: I was able to force it as a url using "[.url]" and "[./url]" and it closed up the space now. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X