This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed! - CallerID and VM Emailing not failing after reinstall

Edited as I stated two issues and one was just a configuration issue.

I reinstalled HS2 on my new mini server box on 2/1 moving it from Windows 2003 to WinXP. The new box is an Intel D945GCLF2 board.

Problem is that CID never works on this new machine from my hi-phone USB device. This is not an HS issue but a W2C issue.

I have their test application running on both my new and old machine. CID is logged on the old one when connected but never logged on the new machine.

HS tech said this is a very common issue and I should get a PCI USB card to try. Normally I would not have an issue trying this but this machine is a fan less mountable computer that does not have slots I can use. I did try and route it thru a powered and unpowered hub with no success.

I have just submitted a case with Way2call to see if they can help troubleshoot this.

I am wondering if anyone else here has seen this before and if so can provide additional info that might help fix it.

I will post any fixes if I get one.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ; March 15, 2009, 12:41 PM. Reason: Have additional info and I stated two issues when one was just a config issue

Fixed

I saw another post that mentioned this but was not the fix for the issue in that case but...

When I contacted Way2Call on this issue, they immediately said it sounded like a grounding issue on the PC itself. Well, this new server is a fanless mountable computer http://www.e-itx.com/fanless-mini-it...-cm-gclf2.html

This is powered just like a laptop and is not properly grounded. I ran a temp wire to connect the case to another PC using a proper grounded connection and boom, CID started working.

I did have a little noise on the VMs too and thought that was a ground issue but never thought it would take out the CID. Now that I think about it however, it makes perfect sense. The only feature that did not work was one that receives data over the phone line. I originally thought it might be the USB hardware or driver.

So working CID and no noise at all on the line anymore.

So, if you have issue with your phone line interface and your case is not grounded, ground it!

Comment

I had this problem. Grounding of the PC was not the issue. I had to attach a ground wire to the metal outside part of the usb connector going into the Way2Call modem...and attached the other end of the ground wire to the screw on the electical outlet coverplate. Then and only then do I get CID with the Way2Call. They should have made a power adapter for that thing with a ground plug...and life would be simple.

Martin

Comment

Working...
      X