Send Email Once Power Restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Email Once Power Restored

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this? The power is out at my house. I am away and would like to know when exactly the power is restored. My HS2 box will power up as soon as it has power.

Is there an easy way to tell Homeseer to send an email upon initial start-up? I appreciate any suggestions.
    Last edited by ryanbmsu; September 3, 2010, 10:30 AM. Reason: Email Notification

Is your HS Server on a UPS?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Add this to your startup scrupt:

hs.sendEmail "xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com","xxxxxxxxxr@xxx.net","HomeSeer Startup","HomeSeer has started up."

This sends me an email anytime HS starts up - including after power restoration.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This should work:

Add this line to the startup.txt, say right above the "End Sub" line.
        Code:
        hs.SendMail "your@adress.com", "server@yourservermail.no", "HomeSeer powered on", "HomeSeer was just started. FYI."
        Edit: Too late...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

If you have a UPS you could use one of the free UPS plugins and make this a "little smarter" by having the UPB plugin send the email rather than sending it everytime HomeSeer starts up.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will give those a try. My UPS died a few months ago. I need to replace the batteries. I'll try the startup script edit first and once I get the UPS back up, I'll give that a try too.

Appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbmsu View Post
              I'll try the startup script edit first
              Just remember that this will send an email every time you start Homeseer!
              Jon

Comment

Yep, I don't often restart the system. Certainly not as much as you pros do. HS runs without issue and that's what I need. I wish I had more time (and devices) to play around more.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbmsu View Post
                  Certainly not as much as you pros do.
                  Real pros seldom restart.
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

What's a restart?
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Error message

So I tried editing the startup script. Here is the error I received. I have not done any editing of scripts before so I am clueless as to what corrections to make. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9/9/2010 8:30:51 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: startup.txt438:Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.SendMail' in line 19 More info: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.SendMail'

My full startup script is:

' this is the startup script
                      ' it is run once when HomeSeer starts up
                      '
                      ' this is a good place to default status on some devices
                      '
                      sub main()
                      hs.WriteLog "Startup","Scripting is OK"

' if speaker client is not running, start it
                      if not hs.IsApplicationRunning("Speaker") then
                      hs.Launch hs.GetAppPath & "\Speaker.exe","","",0
                      end if

' speak
                      'hs.speak "Welcome to Home-Seer",TRUE

' add calls startup scripts and function calls here

hs.SendMail "rba*****@gmail.com", "myhouse@****.net", "HomeSeer powered on", "HomeSeer was just started."

end sub

Comment

Replace sendmail with sendEmail

Comment

Success

That did it! Thanks Rupp!

Comment

Working...
                          X