Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay,

I did a second account and downloaded for both accounts and it now works.... Thanks.

Comment

Shad,

If it happens again, please let me know...I will put some checking in place for the next release.
      Jon

Comment

No problem. Everything works great! VERY nice job! Love it. I haven't dug around yet but can you make this script repeat the last announcement? My wife love the announcement however she is hard of hearing at times . I want to be able to tie it into pressing a button on my security system to make it repeat the last announcement. I know how to make that happen with my securtiy system but not sure about what command I need to give your script.

Thanks. Very Respectfully

Comment

Thanks!

Not the last message but you can announce the unread mail in the mailbox. Look in the documentation for the re-announce feature (too many options to explain here!)
          Jon

Comment

Shad,

I have now added an option which may assist you.

You can now re-announce the last announcement for a single mailbox or last announcement from all the mailboxes. It is not quite the same as exactly repeating the last announcement heard but hopefully will be useful.
            Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks! That would be great! I got everything to work with re-announce as well as the mailboxes themselves. I tell you what. You just sent my WAF through the roof. Everything works very smoothly. Will you be send me an email for the new beta?

Thanks again

VR,

Comment

currently being sent! This one should work even smoother!
                Jon

Comment

Jon,

Installed the new version on my HS1 machine (upgrading from the earlier version) and have done some very limited testing. I really love this script. Currently I'm using it with Comcast and three mail boxes (one for me, one for the wife and a third for voice mails).

What I'd like to do is have script announce the number of new messages after we arrive home - but only for the person that has actually arrived. Using sensors in the cars, I'm able to tell who has left and when they come home so I like the script to announce only my mailbox when I get home and only my wife's when she gets home and new voice mails when either of us arrive.

As I understand the script, new messages are defined as any message received since the script last ran (EMB1L). If so, it appears that I would want to run it when someones leaves and then again when they get home. Only problem with this is that I don't know how to retrieve only a single mailbox's email. Is there a way to do this or a workaround that I can use?

Also, during my testing, I sent my email box three emails. Using the web access, I read one of the messages and left two unread. After running the script, the device still reads three unread emails. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but thought I'd let you know.
                  Regards, Bob

Comment

Jon

Comment

In tinkering with it, I may have found a solution that works for me. In looking at the ini file, you have entries for Unread (UnreadMB1) and NewMail (NewMailMB1) messages. If I turn off all announcements but run the script, I can use hs.getinisetting to get the unread and NewMessage counts and then use that information in a hs.speak statement.

While this does not read the sender or subject of the various e-mails, it does at least get me notification that I have unread or new messages to review which is all I really needed in the first place.

I see what you mean by the device names being less then descriptive. It appears to be a total message count for the server rather then unread message count as noted. However, I did notice that the unreadMB1 count in the ini file is correct and is being updated after I view messages via the web browser.
                      Regards, Bob

Comment

Bob,

I've added new ini file settings which will enable/disable a particular mailbox.

All you will need to do is set the flag on this value to 1 and that mailbox will be disabled. Setting it back to 0 and it is re-enabled.

You now just need write a small script to set this value to 1 or 0

When you leave you set DisableMB1=1 i.e.
                        PHP Code:
                        Sub main()
                        hs.saveinisetting "Data","DisableMB1","1""CheckPop.ini"
                        end sub 
                        When you arrive you set DisableMB1=0 and then call the script to announce that mailbox. i.e.
                        PHP Code:
                        Sub main()
                        hs.saveinisetting "Data","DisableMB1","0""CheckPop.ini"
                        hs.run "CheckemailPOP_V3.00.vbh(""main"",""1"")"
                        end sub 
                        You can do this with each mailbox you have. If you do set this ini value to 1, there is also a warning in the relevant readmailX.ash page.

I will try and send it to you later.
                        Last edited by jon00; January 19, 2006, 11:55 AM.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

Excellent!!!! Thanks for the support. I look forward to getting the update.
                          Regards, Bob

Comment

Hi Jon,

I would be nice to have separate Webmailaddressbook.txt files for each mailbox.<O

This way you don't see the email addresses of another email account.
                            Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Question about V3

Jon,

Will V3 work with a touchpad interface?, or is there a way to modify the .asp pages to have touchpad headers/footers in HS2?.

I used V2 before I migrated to HS2 but didn't have much success modifying the pages myself. It would be nice to be able to read e-mail from the kitchen touchscreen pc (using the touchpad interface).

Thanks for a great script.

Lee

Comment

Peter,

Funny, that one is on the list 'to do' but it will not happen yet. It will be added to a future upgrade. As the beta testers have gone very quiet, things must be OK :-)

Lee,

Not being a touchpad user, I really don't know but would think it not easy converting as everything now is icon driven and really needs the full width of the screen. See attached screenshot:
                                Attached Files
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X