No announcement yet.

Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm..it has to be due to the speak easy / sapi5 tag modification then.

If anyone else is running V3.01, could you please confirm that your speech is working correctly.

Thanks,

Jon
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

I am using V3.01 and speech is working good for me and - as you know - even mentioning the spam messages. Speech is doing fine. No Speak easy active here.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Well I have checked over the script and I can see nothing wrong with the speech. However, I have spotted an error with the spam filtering which Wim was having problems with. This has now been corrected and being tested by Wim at the moment.

I will take another look at this speech issue but it's difficult to fault find if you cannot reproduce it!.

I am currently adding another feature request which involves allowing only selected email addresses to be forwarded to the mobile phone rather than all or none. I will then upgrade this to version 3.02.

You all keep me very busy with this one!
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1
          Jon, email script is loaded, how do i get it to stop announcing that I have a new email?
          In the checkpop.ini file under each mailbox entry, there is a field called preferences. Add this entry:

Preferences="0| | | | | | | | "

Do this for every mailbox that you wish to mute.
          How do I save the subject and body to a virtual device depending on who sent the email?
          The script has the ability to trigger an event on receipt of a particular email address. I have a small script that can run on this trigger which will provide the necessary information which can be used to update the device. I intend to make the MailFrom, Emailaddress, subject, date, body etc easily available in the next version.

If you want to continue, I very happy to work with you on this.
          When I click on the link I added for the web interface I get this error above the working webpage:

HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
          HomeSeer internal error
          File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/style.asp HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
          HomeSeer internal error
          File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/header.asp
          To make the web pages compatible with both HS1 and HS2, you need to have the Homeseer 'includes' package installed. They are not used in the HS2 version but still need to see them otherwise the page errors. They can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/includes106.zip and do no harm if loaded.
          Jon

Comment

V3.03 Released!

Version 3.03 has now been released. The following has been added since V3.01:

1) Added mobile filter lists to allow summary emails only from specific email addresses to be sent to the mobile email address.
            2) Added the ability to select which mailbox(es) is used to send summary emails to the mobile email address.
            3) New trigger script facility added which is run each time new email arrives. Full details of the triggering email are passed to this script including:

New messages received (since the main script was run)
            Total Messages on the server
            Mailbox number
            Message number
            Email address to
            Email name to
            Email address from
            Email name from
            Email date
            Email subject
            Email body

This now gives full access to the triggered email for your own scripting needs.

Available for download from my site.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

Have you considered my request of adding random speech? I'd love to have Heather say different things on incoming e-mail instead of the same thing every time.

If you decide against adding random speech, I'll still think this is a great package...

Comment

Ski,

I did take a look at this but it is not easy at all. Due to the structure of the speech scripting (including the variables embedded - friendly name, number of emails etc) together with the various options this would take a long time to alter.

If you can get some satisfactory sentences by changing the words under [phrases] in the checkpop.ini, it would not be very hard to randomise the choice the script choose by having different phrase entries i.e.

[phrases1]
                1st set of phrases here

[phrases2]
                2nd set of phrases here

[phrases3]
                3rd set of phrases here
                Jon

Comment

Now available from the HS updater!

Things have moved on and you can now download the Homeseer 2 version from the HS updater or my site. I have now totally split the HS1 and HS2 versions. The old 'includes' files are now longer needed for the HS2 web pages.

Current version is 3.05 which now has a script that triggers EACH time new email arrives. The following information is passed to the script for user scripting needs:

MailNewMessages
                  MailTotalMessages
                  MailBoxNumber
                  MessageNumber
                  MailTo
                  MailToDisplay
                  MailFrom
                  MailFromDisplay
                  MailDate
                  MailSubject
                  MailText
                  MailTextHTML

HS2 Users - If upgrading, please note that the latest version uses new file directories. For seamless upgrade, please rename the original checkpop.ini file to something else and let the installer do its work. Once installed, copy the [mailboxX] data from the old ini file to the new. Finally, copy any address book files to the new directory (see documentation for its new location).
                  Jon

Comment

Jon,

Looks like the new version is working great (installed off HS updated). However, getting a Warning message in my log that says "WARNING - DgeDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.

Toby
                    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Forget it, figured it out... I needed to delete my virtual devices and let it re-create them.
                      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Touch pad interface

By request, I have now added the option to use the touch pad header and footer.

V3.06 is now available for download from my site and soon from the updater.

For people upgrading from V3.05, you will need to add the following in the checkpop.ini file under

[ASP_COMMON]
                        UseTouchPad=0

Setting this to 1 will use the Touch Pad header/footer

Please note that this is for Homeseer V2 only. I have decided to stop support for Homeseer 1 but V3.03 is still available for download from my site.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

Just installed from the updater, appears to work brilliantly.

I collect my e-mail for all computers using a programme called Workgroupmail and then Outlook logs in with the same user names and passwords as if it was collecting from the Net. In the Server Address it is simply the computers name on the local net, in this case the same one that HS runs on.

Is there any way to get your mail programme to check a local mail server?

The only way I do it this was is because BTConnect no longer supports pop3, only imitates it, and there for does not support folder sharing.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi Gogs,

If the local mail server is POP3, then yes. I suspect what you are using is not.

I thought you were using BT for your ADSL. Do you not use BT Yahoo for your mail? That is POP3 enabled.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
                              Hi Gogs,

If the local mail server is POP3, then yes. I suspect what you are using is not.
                              You could well be right. The settings in Outlook are to collect from a POP3 server and work, but I suppose that does not mean it is.

In the server bit of the config what would I put to tell it to look at the local computer? I have tried the computers name and local ip address, both time out.
                              I thought you were using BT for your ADSL. Do you not use BT Yahoo for your mail? That is POP3 enabled.
                              I am with BT Business Broadband, it's a complete package, unlmited download and e-mail etc.
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

If you local mail server is POP3, it must have a mail server address. Looks like you need to look in the help files.

I'm amazed that BT business does not fully support POP3. Have you tried with my script to see if it does actually pick up the mail from a BT connect address? You can still use your system to read locally if this works.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X