Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I change the name of a device after it's created?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I change the name of a device after it's created?

I'm referencing a device that I've created in a script, and I'd like to be able to change it's name, is that possible?

I tried it using the .Name = "new name"

Homeseer didn't yell at me, but it didn't change it either.

I know I can use the device string, but in this case it doesn't make sense for me... As the device name should be different..

Aside from deleting the device and recreating it I just want to change it's name.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Yes, that will work fine, but you have to tell HomeSeer to save the new device name, otherwise it will be lost/ignored. After you make a change to a device or an event, call hs.SaveEventsDevices, and that tells HS to save the device (or event).
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

excellent! Thank you.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Remember, if you have any events calling that device by name you have to change them also.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
        X