Remote Video Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    send me an e-mail, I'll mail you a copy of the alpha files and the fixed up DVD Collection pages
    Email sent Dan.
    Thanks.

Comment

Dan,
      I just stumbled upon this player http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php?
      and little review here: http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/

SDK remote control here: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10546

Looks very interesting. Might be worth to look at and include...

Comment

Czechmarty,

When you see HOW this works, I think you'll see, it's really easy to add other programs. It's basically just extending the "button" presses from the server to the client, then to the program.

Still need to add serial port extension (code is in there, but commented out).

Also, the program (at least with VLC, did not try with ZoomPlayer) apparently does NOT like 4 digit extensions on file names. I don't know why, as I use the "tags" to just pass a string to the media player. BUT if you put in <filename>.divx it didn't like that (on my laptop...did not try the HTPC). I changed the file name to <same filename>.avi and everything was happy. If it does hang, just close the client and reload it.

Also:

Didn't get that e-mail...try sending me a PM, I'll get your e-mail from that.

Same with the other people I messaged, didn't get any e-mails...I'm thinking my spam eater was hungry...

TechHA, simonog, Kenm

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,
          PM sent. I hope your SPAM filter doesn't check your PMs as well... LOL
          Attached Files

Comment

Everyone that sent a message since I posted, I got your messages / e-mails. As soon as I get home + eat, I'll send out the remote control stuff with my blurb on how to use it.

Then I'll pass out the DVD Collection file updates. There are I think 3 (that's why I need to take a bit more time on that...I don't remember ALL the files I changed). There are also 1 or 2 NEW files. So, I need to dig them out (to give you an example).

One "update" is to play a whole series of TV shows, or let you choose which episodes in the season that you want to watch. This (right now) only works with ZoomPlayer...but I'm intending on adding "other" functionality as well (esp. for VLC, as I like my new found ability to just unzip a few key zip files to any machine on my network, then surf to DVD Collection's website and play anything that's on the server).

The DVD Collection updates are going to come a bit slower, as I really want to get the serial control for the Remote Control Tool, as well as finish up the rest of the Remote Control tool. As soon as that's done, I think I'll just post to the DVD Collection forum with my updates...as I've not heard back from anyone on any of that (except please post your updates).

As always, any ideas, I'm willing to entertain! I hope people will have both good and bad feedback as soon as I get off my butt and send out the program (take a week, play with it, make some events and see what happens!!).

Thanks again!

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

No hurry, I'm still in work

Dan, is there a limitation of file type?
              Some of my movies are old AVI, some BR rips MKV and some just DVDs.

Comment

The only limitation is that of your player.

The only crazy thing I've seen is with a 4 character file extension (.divx vs .avi). It makes the client hang...but I wonder if that's because of how it interacts with the media player. If you rename your .divx to .avi it shouldn't be an issue.

As for spam...I did send the e-mail yesterday, your mail server rejected the file (claimed a virus). As far as I know, there's no virus...I did send you a separate e-mail, do you want to SFTP it?

Anyone else see a virus? I'm guessing his scanner hit a false positive.

--Dan

Comment

Checked my SPAM and JUNK and nothing did you forget little ol me

TrOjAn

Comment

Hmmm,
                    It looks like I will have to have a word with APlus that host my web and mail.
                    The work email worked fine Dan. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post

TrOjAn
                      Oh now I understand why my email server claimed that there was "TrOjAn" in the message.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post

TrOjAn
                        Trojan,

Your e-mail got hit by the same thing as Chez's...

I sent you a second mail-note...we'll try a different approach (I already replied to you...will setup a SFTP tonight before I head out to Buffalo)

--Dan

Comment

Hello Dan,
                          Just sent you a couple of emails. Just FYI here just in case your SPAM filter does the job again .
                          Great stuff!

Marty

PS
                          Pls disregard the part about the cmdClient.exe. I realized it has to be ran on the same PC as the server part.
                          Last edited by Czechmarty; October 11, 2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Chez,

Will do re: cmdclient.exe

Yeah, I guess I wasn't too clear...that is just to allow another program (HS) to interface to the server, without it needing to be in the foreground. I couldn't find a nice way to interface a command line to AutoIT without re-launching a new copy of the program. Might be a way (I've done it in C and VB 6.0), but ehh...this works, and the cmdclient.exe software is "dumb" and literally just pulls the proper attention when necessary.

I'll check your e-mails, get back to you later on that.

I think I've got all the DVD Collection files (there are 12 so far...
                            -an example ZP telnet script (new)
                            -dvdsetup (modified)
                            -frontbackviewer (new)
                            -dvdspopplay (mod)
                            -numpad.js (new), I integrated this, but did not write it...allows for a neat on screen keyboard for touchscreen use
                            -keyboard.js (new), I integrated this, but did not write it...allows for a neat on screen keyboard for touchscreen use
                            -dvdsearch (new)
                            -dvds (mod)
                            -an example tv series html (new)
                            -playseries.asp (new)
                            -an example dvd placeholder (as in list he movie in there, but have a message pop up to insert the DVD as the MOVIE itself is not on the server) (new)
                            - .ini file - holds the new configuration settings for using ZP directly through telnet (mod).

I have NOT integrated the remote client into this yet... The long term intention is, so there will be at least another mod to dvd.asp, dvdsetup.aspx and the .ini file.

So far, I think that's all. I'll try to get it packaged in the next few days...I'll pop you my phone number as well as I think I MAY not be catching everything (my idea was to just post the WHOLE package in the end, so I did not keep track of which files I modified). However, as I have a few testers willing to play around, I'm AOK with giving out some help to make sure that any issues is in the setup, not the code!

--Dan
                            Last edited by drozwood90; October 11, 2009, 10:49 PM. Reason: make neater, add more information

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                              Chez,

Will do re: cmdclient.exe

Yeah, I guess I wasn't too clear...that is just to allow another program (HS) to interface to the server, without it needing to be in the foreground. I couldn't find a nice way to interface a command line to AutoIT without re-launching a new copy of the program. Might be a way (I've done it in C and VB 6.0), but ehh...this works, and the cmdclient.exe software is "dumb" and literally just pulls the proper attention when necessary.

I'll check your e-mails, get back to you later on that.

I think I've got all the DVD Collection files (there are 12 so far...
                              -an example ZP telnet script (new)
                              -dvdsetup (modified)
                              -frontbackviewer (new)
                              -dvdspopplay (mod)
                              -numpad.js (new), I integrated this, but did not write it...allows for a neat on screen keyboard for touchscreen use
                              -keyboard.js (new), I integrated this, but did not write it...allows for a neat on screen keyboard for touchscreen use
                              -dvdsearch (new)
                              -dvds (mod)
                              -an example tv series html (new)
                              -playseries.asp (new)
                              -an example dvd placeholder (as in list he movie in there, but have a message pop up to insert the DVD as the MOVIE itself is not on the server) (new)
                              - .ini file - holds the new configuration settings for using ZP directly through telnet (mod).

I have NOT integrated the remote client into this yet... The long term intention is, so there will be at least another mod to dvd.asp, dvdsetup.aspx and the .ini file.

So far, I think that's all. I'll try to get it packaged in the next few days...I'll pop you my phone number as well as I think I MAY not be catching everything (my idea was to just post the WHOLE package in the end, so I did not keep track of which files I modified). However, as I have a few testers willing to play around, I'm AOK with giving out some help to make sure that any issues is in the setup, not the code!

--Dan
                              Great stuff Dan!
                              Looking forward to see it and try it. So far the apps from you work excellent!
                              CzechMarty

Comment

Dan,
                                I'd be interested in playing around with what you've come up with. I am archieving my dvd collection on a raid array in Video_TS folders. I'm currently using VLC to access it via a mapped network drive, and would like to have a touch based way of accessing it.
                                Plugins:
                                BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X