Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am working on a new HS3 plugin (BLControl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Probably missed it, but what is FSC?
    See post #40 for NFC
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thank you.
      Don

Comment

I am looking for some examples of what message you have written to the NFC tags.

Anyone have any they are using now?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am planning on reading plain text only from the tags.
          I believe that should work for everyone.

I wrote "test1" to one of my tags using a different app.

I then ran the BLControl app and was able to get it read "test1" from the tag when I scanned it
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            I am planning on reading plain text only from the tags.
            I believe that should work for everyone.

I wrote "test1" to one of my tags using a different app.

I then ran the BLControl app and was able to get it read "test1" from the tag when I scanned it
            I would say that plain text is all that is required.

would you just pass the text to the plugin or would you make it so the data on the tag triggers different items.
            eg. "HS.Event1" would trigger an event named 1
            "HS.DVLamp,ON" would turn on the lamp etc......

I can think of lots of things to do with this. I think it will fill in most of the gaps in my system. I look forward to trying this.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

This is what I am thinking. I have not coded this part yet so I am open to ideas.

There will be a page in the plugin where you can enter in NFC tag values and assign them to actions. The plugin allows voice phrases to be added and you can assign actions to be performed when that voice phrase comes in from the phone app. The current actions are as follows:

Control device
              Run event
              Run script
              Run script command

I am thinking that since actions can be run from voice phrases and NFC tags, I will add a page in the plugin where you can add actions. That way when adding voice phrases and NFC tags, you will just pick the action you want to run and it will run it.

Thoughts?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I am thinking that since actions can be run from voice phrases and NFC tags, I will add a page in the plugin where you can add actions. That way when adding voice phrases and NFC tags, you will just pick the action you want to run and it will run it.

Thoughts?

Sounds like the best idea to me then any other triggers could be added to the same page.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

OK I have app reading NFC tags and the plugin is performing the action assigned to the tag.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

OK I have app reading NFC tags and the plugin is performing the action assigned to the tag.
                    Is there anything you cant program!

What's next?

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      What's next?
                      What's next... well let me tell you

I plan to interface some BL plugins into BLControl. So you will be able to use the BLControl phone app to get basic information and do basic activities in my plugins. I am working on this now.

I am planning interface to these plugins:

BLDSC (activity and partition control) DONE
                      BLRadar (motion activity, sensors) DONE
                      BLStat (stat control)
                      BLGData (calendar events)
                      BLAB8SS (speaker switcher control)
                      BLBackup (view logs)
                      BLNetCallerId (incoming calls)
                      BLPowerMonitor (current usage)
                      BLRain8Net (zone control)
                      BLReminders (reminders)

I will likely need to update some of the plugins to include more code for the interface to BLControl. It will not affect anyone not planning to use BLControl.

I hope to have a release of BLControl out before I leave on vacation on Nov 29. That way you can try it out while I am away

Stay tuned for more.
                      Last edited by Blade; November 6, 2013, 04:28 PM.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Here a few updated screenshots

EDIT: pictures moved to their own thread
                        Last edited by Blade; November 7, 2013, 09:05 AM.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Ok, Bob, I got you figured out. You really live on another planet where the days are 72 hours long, thus allowing you to come up with all these awesome apps. Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Comment

BLRadar integrated

EDIT: pictures moved to their own thread
                            Last edited by Blade; November 7, 2013, 09:05 AM.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              Can I ask if you are thinking of adding location triggers to?
                              Greig.
                              What are you thinking of doing with location?
                              Can u give some examples?
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

What are you thinking of doing with location?
                                Can u give some examples?
                                I was thinking something like the HS2 latitude plugin where your location would be passed to the plugin form the app and then events could be triggered when you are in or near a predefined location.

If it used wifi to then it trigger when connected to or disconnected from the network. This would allow Homeseer to know when I get in or leave home.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X