waytocall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waytocall

Is there any way to make a telephonecall using hs3 pro s6. waytocall doesn't seem to work. phone calling is still in the software - is it possible that the writers failed to delete it. Its also in advertising.

This has been on my wish list for a while but I am moving away from using land lines so it has been a lower priority for me. I am now using notification software like Pushover and Pushbullet for most of my communications.

I'm not an expert on this but as far as I know if you are using a POTS line you are going to need a modem that can seize the line and generate the DTMF tones.

I would opt for SIP/VOIP and forget the modem altogether. There is a SIP plugin by Smarter Home Control that might be worth a look. Prerequisites would be a SIP account, an internet connection and the above mentioned plugin for HS3. Google voice might still offer free SIP accounts or VOIP.MS is an inexpensive option.

One side benefit of a SIP account is the ability to make and receive calls and SMS over WiFi using your cell phone. There are cord cutters doing just that, using unlocked phones with no need for any telco service at all.

I will be interested in hearing about your progress on this as I still have a VOIP.MS account and a phone number with e911 service.

Comment

Working...
    X