Floor and room in alexa name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor and room in alexa name

I migrated to SEL by rebuilding all my devices. Now in Alexa smart home all of the device names have the floor and room in them.

So the device that used to be named "Dining" is now name "1st Kitchen Dining" because it is in floor 1st and room Kitchen.

I feel like there is some setting I am missing on the SEL that started to make this happen, but can't figure out what.

OK so I totally bastardized Homeseer for Alexa. It actually works ok.
    • Removed room from all devices
    • Set Floor to either "Scene", "Status" or "Device"
    • Put the Room info into device type

It works out for me because I had named all my devices for Alexa previously. So now they just have "Device" in front of them because that is the floor.

Using "device", "scene" and "status" as the floor actually seperates them quite nicely when making events.

Putting room into device type is just so i can filter them in device manager. I only changed a few of the device types and then realized I don't care enough about filtering that view to go through editting that for the 200+ lighting devices i have.

Anyone else find it annoying that Alexa assumes "Lights". I really would like to tell Alexa to "Turn On Kitchen Lights" without her asking me "which one did you want" because I have a light call "Kitchen Table" and a light called "Kitchen Lights". Not a huge deal. I just named them "Kitchen Table", "Kitchen Cans" and created a group called "Kitchen". Works good except i really would like to call the "cans", "lights".

Comment

Just a suggestion but you may get more responses if you didn't post your question in the "Message Board Issues, Suggestion, Problems" as many are not looking in this forum.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah couldn't figure out where to put this one. I guess it doesn't matter since I worked around the issue. Was interested in seeing how others work around the issue or if there is some setting i missed.

The Alexa forum appeared to be for the Spud plugin, so i didn't post it there. Next time i will keep that in mind, thanks Rupp.

Comment

Working...
        X