Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not made the standalone available yet with .NET. I'm targeting WHS as service and need more testing time in this environment. The equivalent functionality is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup_beta.exe

Comment

I'm not sure what the beta is (so hesitant to install it).

So I'll take your last comment to mean there are no more updates to the version I was running in Fall 2008.

Thanks,
      Scott

Comment

This is version 2.9. It added a layout page that is an easier way for the setup for new users. There is also use of moisture sensors and leaf sensors from csv files. If you have what you need with V2.8 then no reason to change.

Comment

Hi Michael,

For some reason V2.9.0.46 is the last version that can be downloaded. the link to V2.9.0.47 doesn't work.

Comment

Hi Michael,
            I am download .47 and MCS display .45?

Comment

3rd try. It should be good now.

Comment

Michael, I have since migrated to a new computer ... is the latest setup for the standalone still the beta exe listed above? Also, since the machine is on a new hard drive ... is there a procedure for getting the license transferred/renewed? Thanks, Scott

I noticed in another thread that you said:
                http://mcsSprinklers/setup_hs_pro.exe and prompts you to restart to execute it. Be careful to install it in the correct Homeseer folder.

So if I'm using the standalone (not using HS) ... do I still have to specify a HomeSeer folder?

Just confused, since the standalone is a different beast.

I really don't have any need to upgrade (was totally stable in 2009) ... but because the machine got rebuilt in late 2009 ...
                I now have to reinstall mcssprinklers standalone from scratch. I could probably bring in files from the old hard drive, but
                its no longer the main boot disk.
                Last edited by bunkers; March 29, 2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

The Version 2.10 mcsSprinklers uses the Microsoft installer and is developed using VB.NET rather than VB6. The .ini files and history database are compatible with V2.9.

You have two choices for the standalone. One is to move to V2.10 as either a desktop application or service. The service runs when the computer starts while the desktop application runs when a user logs in. For most there will not be much of a distinction. About 50% of this source was used as a Homseer plugin in 2009 and the remainder is either an update to achive 100% .NET managed code or new features. This is the supported version, but does not have the degree of field testing that was achieved with V2.9.

The second choice is to install the last V2.9 which is http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup_2_9_35.exe as a desktop application. You had a stable V2.9 so this is the lowest risk, but does not have any change support associated with it and depends upon Microsoft files that are beyond their standard support life.

Your install locations are independent of Homeseer and you likely have no need to uninstall any prior versions. I have reset the registrion code for the computer named DEATHSTAR which I believe is your prior computer. The code starts with 8813. If you have a different serial number then email it to me and I will reset it.

Comment

Thanks so much! I finally got working on the new computer this weekend and will start installing it tonight or tomorrow. The name computer name is "ASPEN", since DEATHSTAR is done ... and the new theme is tree names. I have the old mcs directory on the old hard drive ... but not sure it would work if I just move program files/mcs... under the new machine and tried it (probably not?). But I do have all the data and config.

Comment

There are some registry entries needed for V2.9 and earlier so a copy is not sufficient. If you go with V2.9 then run installer it after you move all the files to the equivalent location on the new computer. The same approach would be done with V2.10. The link to the installer for both is posted at the top of this subforum.

Comment

Moving to 2.10?

Michael,

I'm currently running the stand-alone version 2.9.35 Professional and would like to move to the latest 2.10 stand-alone. Can this be done and still retain all my historical data, settings, and license? If so, how is it best done? (I'm running it on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.)

Thanks,
                        Ed

Comment

New mcsSprinkers Feature Wish List

Michael,

These may have been asked for before, but here goes anyway:

1. An option to allow syringing to occur even if an overall inhibit is currently active. For instance, I may have an inhibit set for the system on a certain day so the yard guys can cut the grass, but still want the shrubs to be syringed when it gets too hot.

2. An option to make syringing time add to the soil %.

3. An option to turn off the reset to 100% max soil after a rain that puts it above 100%.

Thanks,
                          Ed

Comment

1. Syringing is handled as a manual cycle so it is intended to override inhibits. Do you know for certain that it should have run and was not run?

2. There is an option to decide if soil moisuture should be adjusted on manual cycles. It is on Other Page, Manual Mode Update Options. I think it should apply to the syringing cycle as well. It would take some investigation to know for certain. If you have this setting enabled you will know for certain on the next syringing cycle.

3. I should be able to add the option to not automatically reset an overstaturated soil to 100%. I will still maintain the 200% ceiling.

Comment

Michael,

1. It's not running for me with an inhibit. I have an inhibit for all day Wednesdays and syringing whenever the temp goes above 94. I checked the logs for the last 2 Wednesdays and the temp went to at least 97 on those days...No syringing ran.

2. I've had that set to adjust % on manual cycles and it does seem to work on a manual cycle run, but not on a syringing run. EDIT: It only temporarily increases % after a manual cycle. It reverts back after any additional ET. (Sort of like a rain above 100% shows 100+% until additional ET which lowers it back to 100%).

3. That would be great!

BTW, I'm running Professional standalone v2.10.0.28.

Ed
                              Last edited by Whizkid; June 26, 2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

The new feature was addded in V2.10.0.29
                                I tried the syringing control by changing the temperature threshold to below the current temperature and the zones ran the specified syringing time setup in the Zone Setup page. If you continue to have a problem with this new version then enable the GeneralDebug so we can see what may be the issue. I did not look into your #2 issue yet about manual cycle update of soil moisture. I do know that I found an issue of some internal values being reset when a Save is done that was causing moisture to be reset to 100%, but I doubt if it is related to what you are reporting.

If you do have more to report then best to start a new thread. Long threads tend be hard for others to search to find information.

Comment

Working...
                                X