This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterMog View Post
    The plug-in status says "ok" in green color text. I have waited long enough but still don't have my devices loaded correctly.
    Ok, I notice that you're on the ISY 4.2.3 firmware. If that's the only version of the firmware you've tried with the plug-in, then that's the problem. There was a bug in the plug-in and it would crash (and HS would keep re-starting it so it's not real noticeable that it crashes). I uploaded version 3.0.0.7 of the plug-in this morning that fixes that bug so it now works with the 4.2.3 firmware.

If the new version still doesn't work, I'll need to see some log information from the plugin. From the ISYInsteon plug-in configuration screen, go to the Tracing/Debugging tab and make sure logging is checked, set the level to

When I go to the ISY Status screen it shows the following: notices or debug and set the style to HomeSeer Log. Use the "Save Log/Debug configuration" button to save these settings. Then restart the plug-in. Post a copy of the log here and I'll take a look at it.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Ok, I notice that you're on the ISY 4.2.3 firmware. If that's the only version of the firmware you've tried with the plug-in, then that's the problem. There was a bug in the plug-in and it would crash (and HS would keep re-starting it so it's not real noticeable that it crashes). I uploaded version 3.0.0.7 of the plug-in this morning that fixes that bug so it now works with the 4.2.3 firmware.
      Actually, the same thing was happening on two previous versions of the firmware. I just recently updated to 4.23 hoping it would solve the problem. I will try the new version but I was already running 3.0.0.6 and didn't see any changes related to the problem I was having.
      Last edited by MasterMog; June 4, 2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Actually, the same thing was happening on two previous versions of the firmware. I just recently updated to 4.23 hoping it would solve the problem. I will try the new version but I was already running 3.0.0.6 and didn't see any changes related to the problem I was having.
        I have attached the ISY entries from the HomeSeer log files.
        Attached Files

Comment

According to the log, either the configured user name or password is incorrect. All the requests to the ISY that require authentication are being rejected as not authorized.

Try re-entering those in the Plug-in's configuration and restarting the plug-in.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
            According to the log, either the configured user name or password is incorrect. All the requests to the ISY that require authentication are being rejected as not authorized.

Try re-entering those in the Plug-in's configuration and restarting the plug-in.

Comment

Are the values correct in ISY? I know ISY was having some issues with thermostats in one the newest firmwares, not sure if this is related though.

Comment

Those numbers are 1/2 the actual values, which kind of makes sense but may be an annoying issue. Insteon thermostats report the temperature values as actual * 2 so that .5 degree increments can be reported using integer values. Thus, the plug-in takes all temperature values from the ISY and divides them by 2 to get the actual value. Looks like for the z-wave thermostat they aren't being reported as double. That means I have to handle them differently.

It also looks like the ISY isn't sending the units. For Insteon thermostats the ISY sends a UOM value of 1 when the values are Celsius and 2 when Fahrenheit. You're get a value of '0' which means ?????

Humidity is just reporting what the ISY sends, so I don't have any explanation for why that's 0. Best we could do is turn on debug logging, capture the message that the ISY sends. Either the format is different from humidity messages for Insteon thermostats or the ISY is reporting it wrong. This of course is assuming the ISY is correctly reporting the humidity in the admin console.

For anyone that sees device values that don't look right, capturing a debug log that shows what the ISY is sending will be the best way to track down what's happening. This is especially true for z-wave devices because UDI hasn't provided any documentation on what's new or different for z-wave devices and my own collection of z-wave devices is currently limited to a switch, a door lock, and a couple of dimmers. Collecting messages from the ISY is fairly easy with the HS3 version of the plug-in. Go to the plug-in's configuration for Tracing/debug, set the level to debug and select 'parse_event' checkbox. Make sure Logging is enabled and set to go to either the HomeSeer Log or the internal Log and save. The plug-in should then start logging all the messages sent by the ISY.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Humidity is just reporting what the ISY sends, so I don't have any explanation for why that's 0. Best we could do is turn on debug logging, capture the message that the ISY sends. Either the format is different from humidity messages for Insteon thermostats or the ISY is reporting it wrong. This of course is assuming the ISY is correctly reporting the humidity in the admin console.
                  Oops, I use to have Insteon themostats that reported humidity but forgot that is not a feature of the zwave thermostat I just recently installed. I think if the temperature and setpoints issue is resolved I will be all set. In the meanwhile knowing that it is 1/2 the actual value helps.

Thanks
                  Mack

Comment

Oops, I use to have Insteon themostats that reported humidity but forgot that is not a feature of the zwave thermostat I just recently installed. I think if the temperature and setpoints issue is resolved I will be all set. In the meanwhile knowing that it is 1/2 the actual value helps.

Thanks
                    Mack
                    Mack,

3.0.0.8 should now report the correct temperatures for the z-wave thermostats. Let me know as I have no way to test them.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I will get the keypad button triggers working, I just haven't started on it yet since it seemed like the built-in triggers would cover most situations. I think this is the last of the existing features that needs to be done. I'll put it on the list as something to do for the next release.
                      Any update on this. Are you still planning on updating the plugin to make this work.

Comment

Mack,

3.0.0.8 should now report the correct temperatures for the z-wave thermostats. Let me know as I have no way to test them.
                        Bob,

Thanks for providing the update so quickly. Under the device management view all of the thermostat information is correct. However, If I select the insteon thermostat option under the manage plug-in the Cool & Heat Setpoint information is still incorrect. Both Setpoints show 9 degrees. All the other information on that view is correct. Since the information on the device management page is correct this is not really an issue for me.

Thanks
                        Mack

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for providing the update so quickly. Under the device management view all of the thermostat information is correct. However, If I select the insteon thermostat option under the manage plug-in the Cool & Heat Setpoint information is still incorrect. Both Setpoints show 9 degrees. All the other information on that view is correct. Since the information on the device management page is correct this is not really an issue for me.

Thanks
                          Mack
                          Thanks for the update. I think I know why the setpoints in the drop down selectors on the thermostat status page are wrong. It is displaying the range for Celsius and the current values won't match anything in that range. I've put in a change that I think will work-around this. I don't know if the '0' we see for the units is because with z-wave thermostats '0' means Fahrenheit or because the z-wave thermostats don't send anything. In either case, it's now assuming that that means Fahrenheit at least until I know otherwise.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                            Any update on this. Are you still planning on updating the plugin to make this work.
                            Yes, I'm still working on it, just slowly. Made some progress today.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                              Realizing it will take time for the next major release, would it be possible to release a 'bug fix' version just to fix the issue with AppliancLincs going to a value of 255 for on?

My main interface is HSTouch, and I can't control the devices because my images for them vanish from the screen since 255 is an invalid value for ON. HSTouch also will not toggle the devices (even though HomeSeer's Device Management screen WILL let you toggle).

Thanks!
                              Sorry for not responding sooner, you wrote this right after I left on vacation and it kind of slipped through the cracks.

HSTouch really won't work with an on value of 255?

HS3 maintains a flag on the value/status pair to indicate if it's an ON, OFF, DIM, or Other, type pair. Seems like HSTouch should pay attention to that and not rely on specific values.

I don't really want to change the plug-in to convert all the incoming values from the ISY if I don't have to. I think I finally got it all worked out to properly deal with Insteon relay devices vs. dimmer devices vs. z-wave devices. And I think I have all the status/value pairs correctly identified with the flags.

So is this still a problem?

If so, you might want to try deleting one of the problem devices from HomeSeer and let the plug-in re-create it just to make sure it's created properly.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

HSTouch really won't work with an on value of 255?

HS3 maintains a flag on the value/status pair to indicate if it's an ON, OFF, DIM, or Other, type pair. Seems like HSTouch should pay attention to that and not rely on specific values.

I don't really want to change the plug-in to convert all the incoming values from the ISY if I don't have to. I think I finally got it all worked out to properly deal with Insteon relay devices vs. dimmer devices vs. z-wave devices. And I think I have all the status/value pairs correctly identified with the flags.

So is this still a problem?

If so, you might want to try deleting one of the problem devices from HomeSeer and let the plug-in re-create it just to make sure it's created properly.
                                Hi Bob - HSTouch works fine for values of 255 for devices that use 255, like door/window sensors. The issue here is that with Appliance modules, the Status tab shows the Status and value is "100" for On, however, the Status Graphics tab shows "255" is On. Since 100 <> 255, HomeSeer doesn't know what to do when an appliance module is On -- the Device Management web page just shows a blank field for its status when it's On. Similarly, HSTouch can't show the On graphic. HSTouch can't toggle devices back Off again once you turn them On. The HS3 web page DOES work with Toggle, however.

Can you take a look? I tried deleting one of those devices after updating to the latest plugin for HSTouch Server (3.0.0.41) & ISY Insteon (3.0.0.8)... I've attached a screen capture of the device after restarting HS3 (3.0.0.101) and importing the "new" device.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X