New Z-Seer+ For HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z-Seer+ For HS3

Z-Seer+ is a Z-Wave diagnostics tool for use with any HomeSeer HS3 system. It is a significant upgrade to our previous Z-Seer (for HS2) program. We've expanded the information available on the node blocks and have streamlined the node connection information. Here's a preview of the new program:

https://youtu.be/pbvgXAIRCug

Z-Seer+ is FREE to all PRO series users (HS3PRO-based systems) and an upgrade is available from Z-Seer/HS2.

The program is not yet ready for release but you check out the spec here:
    https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...ware-utilities

You can review the (almost finished) documentation here:
    http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Seer/static/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

OMG. Christmas in June. Can't wait. Thanks Mark and Team!!!

Comment

Looking good! I like where this is moving zwave. Its always been a pain to manage nodes within hs, this looks like it'll help out a lot!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mark,

When is the expected release date?

Comment

This is a useful addition, it looks promising, I am definitely going to use this tool!

Comment

Nice looking/functioning tool to have. Thank you!

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
              Mark,

When is the expected release date?
              Just need to tweak the docs and make sure the licensing works properly... should be out the door next week.

Comment

Yay.
                I'll be interested in it - no problems thus far but it looks like a nice tool.

Just moved to HS3 & have a Z-Wave node that cannot be included. Seems there used to be a software toolthat allowed me to plug the zstick in a laptop & add that way. Is this that?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Yay.
                  I'll be interested in it - no problems thus far but it looks like a nice tool.

Just moved to HS3 & have a Z-Wave node that cannot be included. Seems there used to be a software toolthat allowed me to plug the zstick in a laptop & add that way. Is this that?
                  No, you're thinking of the original "Z-Tool". These days with all new products supporting high power inclusion and network wide inclusion, it's rarely necessary to move the controller close to add it to the network. If you're adding older hardware (or finicky secure class hardware), you can re-position your Z-NET closer or you can run HS3 on a laptop and plug your SmartStick+ into it to include that hardware into the network.

Comment

Looks good, I have some latency with Sensors turning on Lights, it might let me see a bit more of what is the issue.
                    Can't wait.

Comment

New Z-Seer+ For HS3

This looks sweet!!! I have felt like the Zwave nodes interface wouldn't be adequate if I needed to diagnose. This tool seems to fill that need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just released!

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...83#post1309483

Comment

Error Initializing

I have been running 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer + with no issues for about a month. I am on version 3.0.0.307 HS3 and version 3.0.0.144 ZWAVE.

I ran Z-Seer+ this morning (Ver 40) without any issues. Now when I launch the Z-Seer+ program I get this popup message...

Error Initializing: Configuration System Failed To Initialize Line: 0

When I enter OK, the application closes.

Please advise what to check. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Z-Seer+. The application did start with the original download of 3.0.0.26 and it did discover the nodes. When I replied to the update request, I got the error message after upgrade to 3.0.0.40.

When I run just the original version 26, I have to make a connection (Edit> Connection). It finds my HS3. But then I get this message....

No Z-Wave interface is enabled in HomeSeer. Please select a Z-Wave interface in Setup > Interfaces before running this application.

I cannot fins a Setup > Interfaces anywhere. After that I get this popup....

Note, your PC controller is running as a secondary controller sp some functions in Z-Seer+ are limited.

My controller is running as the primary and only controller in HS3. Something has gone bad I expect.
                          Last edited by cbabkirk; September 6, 2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X