No announcement yet.

Api mode curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody? I'm trying but without an example to begin I'm not able.
    Pratically I'd like to set outputs on API.ino and manage them by events...
    Thanks
    Regards
    Rinpe
    Last edited by Rinpe; December 22, 2014, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rinpe View Post
      With Greig help I understand better how input pin on API mode works. There are some little things to refine but a bit 'at a time.

Now I'm thinking to understand output pin. In the sketch I set for example pinMode(pin2, OUTPUT); and I thought it was enough. I also thought that in the home (device list) of HS when I push "off" or "full" button of the output, something changing...but it isn't.
      In which way I can associate pin output to relative device in the HS?
      I think there is something I miss, probably what is written in the .ino
      " To Recieve data from Homeseer look up the FromHS array that is updated when the device value changes.
      Eg.. FromHS[5] would be the data from API Output device 5"
      But I don't understand....Can anybody give me an example please?

Thanks in advance.
      Regards
      Rinpe

Yes you need more in the API.ino. Homeseer updates the FromHS[] array with the values you require so to use them you need to look at the array so for a pin as output you would need

int pin2 = 2;

pinMode(pin2, OUTPUT);

then digitalWrite(pin2, FromHS[1]);

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X