Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIXED!?

Pete,

I think I successfully reloaded/repaired the original SD.

It appears part of the problem was a corrupt raspberrypi-bootloader and a missing dpkg exe.

I was able to fix those issues (I think/hope) and then loaded mono 4.2.1 which is supported per the honeywell thread.

Now, is there a way to test? I'm home in IL and the z-wave devices are in MO.

I just want to see if I can get the internet GUI access.

Thanks.

Dan

Comment

There must be a ton of hidden files.

Thinking that it write a primary start build then downloads the rest of it?

Now, is there a way to test? I'm home in IL and the z-wave devices are in MO.

Guessing then you have a Z-Net device in MO eh?

SSH, the type sudo su to the RPi2, cd /usr/local/HomeSeer and manually start Homeseer typing ./go in the Homeseer directory.

Watch for errors while it is starting relating to the Mono 4.2.1 build.

I do not have a Z-Net device. Does the device have it's own GUI?

Can you get to the Z-Net device without using Homeseer?

So your setup is like this: (guessing).

Zee2 (in Illinois) ===> Z-Net (in MO)
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

mono upgrade HELP SUCCESS!!!!!!

I have the Zee here in IL, all the devices are in MO.

I manually reset the network (rjh sticky) and was able to connect again via myhs. So it appears to be working!!!

I have no devices, which I expected as its like a new install (asked for license code). I have a config file backup on the PC in MO. Thats the "smarthouse" as in Z-wave devices, not to far from the Smarthouse you mentioned.

I was able to update to 3.0.0.208 but when I tried updating the HST Touch and Z-Wave plug ins they failed. Any ideas as to why?

Everything boots fine, I get a warning: "kernal lacks cgroups..."

Comment

Good news DGB.

I was able to update to 3.0.0.208 but when I tried updating the HST Touch and Z-Wave plug ins they failed. Any ideas as to why?

Could be just the connection or that some plugins require an newer version of Homeseer 3.

Here my Zee-2 is running with :

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.218 (Linux)
          HSTouch Server: 3.0.0.94
          Z-Wave: 3.0.1.55

I get a warning: "kernal lacks cgroups..."

Never seen that message.

Googling found that you can ignore the message or use the following solution.

Try this solution

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

add line : cgroup_enable=memory (before elevator=deadline)
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hey Pete,

Perfect, the cgroups edit worked! Clean boot.

I have been downloading the plugin zips, when it installs I get:

Mar-06 5:31:39 AM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \usr\local\HomeSeer\Updates3\HomeSeer HSTouch Server3.0.0.68

Mar-06 5:31:39 AM Error Error unzipping /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/HomeSeer HSTouch Server3.0.0.68/HSPI_HSTouch_linux_3.0.0.68.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x50BFBBEF on line 0

When I looked I do not have a install.txt file.
            In Linux is a .txt like the old .bat files?
            Can I create it or is more involved?

Thanks.

Dan

Comment

Good Morning Dan,

Updater Error Unable to open install.txt

This is just a normal text file that it reads to get the download for HSTouch server.

Looks like there was an error with the internet connection. It should be plug n play.

Did it stop here or keep going?

If it kept going then you can just install it afterwards.

When I looked I do not have a install.txt file.
              In Linux is a .txt like the old .bat files?
              Can I create it or is more involved?

I wouldn't worry right now about the file as long as it installed the base. IE: it is a text file pointing to the download; that's all.

You can go back to it afterwards.

Thinking some more about when I did this; I did eventually just use the link on the build to download the Zee-2 Homeseer 3 version and then used it. It was faster than horsing around with this. IE: look at either the text file or the script for the download. Copy it over to something.

I just looked here at one text file and it shows:

[HS3LINUX]
              Name=HS3 3.0.0.182
              URL=hxxp://www.homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_182.tar.gz
              Feature=
              Feature1=
              BugFix=Reported bugs fixed
              BugFix1=See bugzilla at homeseer.com for what changed, search on version number in comments
              FilePath=hslinux_zee_3_0_0_182.tar.gz
              Version=3.0.0.182

Means that the file you want is mentioned above and is the entire Homeseer3 directory.

If you have a booting version of the Wheezy this is easy.

1 - cd /user/local
              2 - wget hxxp://homeseer3for zee (find this link).
              3 - untar hs3for zee
              4 - it will create a directory called HomeSeer

Run it manually by ./go.
              Last edited by Pete; March 6, 2016, 09:03 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Good Morning!

I was able to download HomeSeer HSTouch Server3.0.0.68.zip

How to I run it manually by ./go?

Nothing I tried worked--

Comment

Just cd over to the HomeSeer directory. Do not concern yourself with HSTouch server as you can load and install it via the WEB gui.

1 - sudo su
                  2 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                  3 - sudo ./go

Watch the console. Note if you do not have the HomeSeer directory then the script did not install it and you will need to do this manually.

You will see it load Homeseer 3 piece by piece along with the web port and IP.

Just go to another PC and use the browser to bring up Homeseer 3.

This is jumping though too many hoops for this installation and really is not a good thing as the download and install should be plugnplay.

IE: I liked my way better.

IE: create a base, install mono, copy over the Linux Zee-2 Homeseer and run with it is much easier that dicking around with a supposing plugnplay setup but rather a messed up install script.

Really best to concentrate on the base OS with Mono. Update it and update until you cannot update it anymore. Really most important is that you have a solid updated base.

sudo apt-get update
                  sudo apt-get upgrade

You might have to reboot.

I would also update the kernel from the stock build to get the newest stuff. (which by the way is the RPi3).

If you want; install Webmin. Change the passwords, enable root access and fix it so you can login in with any user in the sudoers group and root via SSH.

Then just copy or decompress the HomeSeer directory to /usr/local/HomeSeer. For HomeSeer there is NO installation as it is just a directory.
                  Last edited by Pete; March 6, 2016, 01:23 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

So when I did the sudo ./go process I think it exposed the weak underbelly of the mono update. Several items didn't load and the system hung.

I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I agree with your point to get a solid base first, so I wiped the SD clean, re-imaged and reloaded everything vanilla (mono 3.28). I was able to load the plug ins, config the controller, etc.

Imaged that to another SD, loaded the second SD, perfect, web access. Imaged a third for some extra redundancy and Level 1 is solid.

I then began the update/upgrade process for Level 2. A couple of hiccups but the show stopper was lighttda? (webserver?) couldn't load because "another app may be listening at port". Lost web access, but I have backups!!!

I'm going to be in MO. on Friday so I will reconnect and get everything running again and multi-imaged. The nodes shouldn't be an issue, its just recreating the events, I do have configs saved so I will try restoring them.
                    At that point I will play with the updates/upgrades again as well as mono--I really want to use that honeywell thermostat plug in!!

The last few weeks have been a great homeseer adventure! I've learned alot, still have alot to learn but feel real comfortable that I can support my system with--alittle help from my friends--actually alot of help! Its like the first time I worked on a car, or computer, etc jump in , get dirty, break it, fix it...

Thank you for all your support--and patience!

Dan

Comment

Good news Dan.

Here older now have gone back to playing with my automobiles. Just a couple of months ago while replacing a bunch of stuff (learning experience) I heated up the garage, put the car up on jacks, put lots of LED lighting underneath, put a rug under the car and got ready to do some stuff and then fell asleep.

I have read one thread here that HS3 using mono 4.X is in the works or being experimented with but not yet soup.

I tried it a few HS3 versions back and HS3 start up just errored out so I left it alone for the time bean.

It did take a while to cleanse out the newer mono 4.X as it puts it teeth in deep to the Ubuntu 14.04 server build. It was a real PITA and too time consuming such that I will not attempt this again until it is documented by HST or used in the future.

I am running another RPi2 using Cumulus which is running in mono and I have read that I can update now to Mono 4.X but haven't given it a go for fear that I will have to remove it if it doesn't work.

I then began the update/upgrade process for Level 2. A couple of hiccups but the show stopper was lighttda? (webserver?)

lighttpd is a webserver and I am wondering if it is loaded or installed by default for the Zee-2. I don't know though because I never ran with the stock Zee-2 build.

The easy fix there is just go change he configuration of HS3 to another port; pick any port. IE: change the default from 80 to something like 5555 or 2222 or 8080.

The Thermostat automation here is a sticky issue relating to the WAF.

Here utilize an Omnistat 2 which is serially connected to my Leviton OmniPro 2.

I can get to it from wherever; but do not really every change much as the automation works fine and I just really look at temps.

This relates though to a hiccup with HS2 / HAI plugin way back a long time ago and automation hiccups never forgotten.

I would ask the author of the plugin the specifics relating to the version of Homeseer 3 running and the version of Mono running that works with Homeseer 3 relating to your Thermostat endeavor or maybe change thermostats.
                      Last edited by Pete; March 7, 2016, 12:06 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Good news Dan.

Here older now have gone back to playing with my automobiles. Just a couple of months ago while replacing a bunch of stuff (learning experience) I heated up the garage, put the car up on jacks, put lots of LED lighting underneath, put a rug under the car and got ready to do some stuff and then fell asleep.

I have read one thread here that HS3 using mono 4.X is in the works or being experimented with but not yet soup.

I tried it a few HS3 versions back and HS3 start up just errored out so I left it alone for the time bean.

It did take a while to cleanse out the newer mono 4.X as it puts it teeth in deep to the Ubuntu 14.04 server build. It was a real PITA and too time consuming such that I will not attempt this again until it is documented by HST or used in the future.

I am running another RPi2 using Cumulus which is running in mono and I have read that I can update now to Mono 4.X but haven't given it a go for fear that I will have to remove it if it doesn't work.

I then began the update/upgrade process for Level 2. A couple of hiccups but the show stopper was lighttda? (webserver?)

lighttpd is a webserver and I am wondering if it is loaded or installed by default for the Zee-2. I don't know though because I never ran with the stock Zee-2 build.

The easy fix there is just go change he configuration of HS3 to another port; pick any port. IE: change the default from 80 to something like 5555 or 2222 or 8080.

The Thermostat automation here is a sticky issue relating to the WAF.

Here utilize an Omnistat 2 which is serially connected to my Leviton OmniPro 2.

I can get to it from wherever; but do not really every change much as the automation works fine and I just really look at temps.

This relates though to a hiccup with HS2 / HAI plugin way back a long time ago and automation hiccups never forgotten.

I would ask the author of the plugin the specifics relating to the version of Homeseer 3 running and the version of Mono running that works with Homeseer 3 relating to your Thermostat endeavor or maybe change thermostats.
                        So I just stumbled across this thread - had no idea Dan had run into so many problems trying to upgrade, and interesting to know that Mono 4 + HS3 + RPi = bad.

The problem with 3.2.8 is that there's a pretty signifcant bug in the implementation of WebRequest that causes it to timeout because of a queue that gets populated but never processed, not because it can't actually connect.

My development/testing box ran an older version of Ubuntu 12 running wheezy, so I'm on 2.10.8.1, which worked fine. I started getting reports of problems during beta, and finally figured out it was a user who was on 3.2.8. I installed that and confirmed the problem, then did some research and found the bug documented. I then updated to 4.x and it worked again.

I actually found this thread while I was in the process of trying another 3.X version to see how far up in time I'd have to go to make it work. I tested with 3.8, and so far things look to be working. My HS3 still starts and does what I ask of it (which is only my thermostat and device history plugins), and the thermostat plugin updates successfully - without having to go all the way to 4.X.

Comment

Yup; here updated 3.2.8 last year to 3.12.1 and its been fine.

Thinking the 3.12.1 version is the last one before the first 4.X version.

Rich mentions that HS V.280 should now work with Mono V 4.X.

Previously tried updating Mono in V.2XX and it wrecked havoc.

I might try it again. Note this is the RPi2 and the Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have an SEL running Ubuntu 14.x. My HS version is 3.0.0.208. For some reason it won't recognize that there is an update to 3.0.0.280. My ZS2 fount the update and updated with no issue.

unfortunately my Honeywell plugin needs to run on the SEL. Is the only way to update mono to remove it and install the new version? What is the method for choosing a particular version during the install process? Until my SEL decides to recognize an update is available, I'll stick with a 3.x version known to work.

I discovered I have a factory restore partition so I'm not too averse to experimenting.

Thanks

Comment

Please see the update in the Linux users read me in the Honeywell thread.

Comment

At least on a standard PC mono 4 and Homeseer play together just fine. I am currently running:

Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
                                Mono 4.2.3.4
                                Homeseer 3.0.0.280

It also worked with Homeseer 3.0.0.258.

Other than the Harmony Hub plugin, everything works. No errors or warnings at startup.

Speaking of, is there a command to ask Homeseer what version it is?

Comment

Working...
                                X