Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to put these issues so I'll start here

I'm currently running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280

I have a scene controller that seems to be working properly and registering events in homeseer, but there are a few event actions that seem to be broken.

First is "when a scene is activated". This was wholly unreliable for me. I could get it to work every so often but not every time. Even though the log very clearly registered that each scene was being activated as expected it would not always fire the event.

May-15 11:06:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 2 Set to Scene On
    May-15 11:06:37 AM Event Event Trigger "Switch Events Bedtime - Sleep"
    May-15 11:06:37 AM Event Event Trigger "Switch Events Bedtime"
    May-15 11:06:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 4 Set to Scene Off
    May-15 11:06:36 AM Z-Wave Received a Scene Activation for Scene ID 11
    To work around it I based my events on the value of the button ("Scene on" or "Scene off") but I'd like to understand why this wasn't working as it would be much more helpful to use the z-wave scenes in this case.

On this issue is there a way I could enable a more verbose log so I could dig into it more? A debug option maybe? For that matter any ideas on why this is happening?

My second issue is with cancelling running events. Because of the above Scene on/scene off thing I had to do a bit of a work-around. But the order of the "scene on" to "scene off" is not always the same. Sometimes another button's scene switches on before the last switches off and vice versa. So I set up an event that watches for "Button's value changes and becomes "Scene off" which then uses a Wait action for a few seconds before carrying on. The idea was to give the "Scene on" event enough time to trigger and stop the running "Scene off" event. But I always get the message that no event was found by that name and I can only cancel events that contain the wait action, which mine does... so ???? My reckoning here is that because they're both started in the same second the wait action hasn't been triggered at the time the "Scene on" action is looking to cancel it. Is this correct? If so, I've tried placeing a wait 1 second on the scene ons, so at least a second passes before it cancels the action and it still fails with the same message.

Again a verbose log might be of some use here.

May-15 11:13:18 AM Warning Only events with 'WAIT' actions can be cancelled.
    May-15 11:13:18 AM Warning Event Switch Events Bedtime could not be cancelled, it was not found.

May-15 11:13:18 AM Event Delayed Trigger Event Removed: Bedtime - Sleep (Delayed Event)
    May-15 11:13:18 AM Event Event Trigger "Switch Events Kitchen/Living Area Full Daylight"
    May-15 11:13:18 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 1 Set to Scene On
    May-15 11:13:18 AM Z-Wave Received a Scene Activation for Scene ID 10
    May-15 11:13:17 AM Event Event Trigger "Switch Events Bedtime"
    May-15 11:13:17 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 2 Set to Scene Off

Bedtime

IF Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 1 changes and becomes Scene Off

OR IF Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 2 changes and becomes Scene Off

OR IF Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 3 changes and becomes Scene Off

OR IF Node 11 Z-Wave Kitchen/Living Scene Button 4 changes and becomes Scene Off
    Then Increment counter Leviton Scene Controller Off/On
    Then Wait 3 Seconds
    Then If the Event Conditions are True, Run Event Switch Events Bedtime - Sleep After waiting 2s
Working...
X