Problem setting ALARM event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem setting ALARM event

I don't know if this is an HS3 issue or plugin, but I thought I would start here. I want to send an email on a system alarm. When I select Napco Events alarm is listed. If I select it then it asks for a zone, which I leave at "any zone". After that the condition will not close, indicating that it is waiting for another input parameter to be specified, but there are not prompts. If I specify a specific zone then the condition closes. There should be no additional parameters needed after I specify "any zone". When I set an email to be sent on restore I do not have that problem, after specifying area and "any zone" the condition is satisfied. Any ideas? No problem with many other events I have programmed thus far.

That is strange. There should also be an Area input listed. I have a very similar event and below is what the top part of mine looks like.

Note that I'm still running HS3 3.0.0.96 from approx. summer. This weekend I start some vacation for Christmas/New Years and I'll look into upgrading my test system to the latest stable HS3 and test this. Sorry for the delay but I have to wrap several things at work before vacation begins.

HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I just tried to set up the same trigger I selected "Area 1" and "Any Zone" but it did not work. It seems to only work when I pick a specific Zone.

I also noticed that I could not collapse the IF statement (using the yellow arrow) when I had selected Any Zone. It collapsed when I selected a specific zone.

Comment

Please install the latest version 3.0.1.3. I revised the handling of the trigger definition for ALARM to not require AREA/ZONE and now it behaves as expected. Note that when an ALARM is issued, the plugin never did use the Area/Zone in a trigger for any filtering. If an ALARM is issued, the ALARM trigger should fire. The plugin does iterate over all the zones looking for the one that caused the alarm and puts that in the status display on the ALARM devices page.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          the plugin never did use the Area/Zone in a trigger for any filtering. If an ALARM is issued, the ALARM trigger should fire. The plugin does iterate over all the zones looking for the one that caused the alarm and puts that in the status display on the ALARM devices page.
          I am running latest version 3.0.1.9

I am just now converting all my HS2 to HS3 events.

I noticed that the alarm trigger no longer shows area/zone info like in HS2.

What do you mean by "the plugin does iterate over all the zones...puts that in the status display on the ALARM devices page"

What is the alarm devices page? Is that the "Napco Panel Status" device entry? I have not set off an alarm yet to see what that shows.

In HS2 plugin I would use the zone info to sent specific alerts via email and announced over my SONOS speakers (eg, smoke alarm, or rear door alarm).

Does the HS3 plugin no longer have that ability?
          Is there a way to trigger on the status display on the alarm devices page?

Thanks.

Comment

You may wish to get the latest version 3.0.2.0 from the BETA updater. See this thread where I recently added HS3 Global Variables that latch the most recent common security events. This would allow you to see the zone that last was activated prior to the Alarm event coming in and use that in text-to-speech, emails etc.

When an alarm is triggered the panel sends an event to this plugin and it iterates over all the zones looking for the last one that would be the cause of the alarm. On the Home page (the devices page) the Status device (where you have the connect, disconnect, reset etc. buttons) it will change the status text of that device to ALARM followed by the zone (if it knows it, usually does) and the date/time.

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
            X